Search for content in message boards

Pierre Bilyeu and Frances DuBois

Pierre Bilyeu and Frances DuBois

Posted: 14 Jan 2006 3:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bilyeu
I have down that Pierre father was Thomas and Aimee Bilyeu,and Pierre married Frances Dubois in Holland, I have they had 8 chidren: Maria, Martha, Isaac, Jacob, Peter, and John. I would like for anyone to tell me if this is right. You can e mail me a CoBe0579@netzero.com. Thanks for any help, I have been sick and not got to work on this for a while, but i am starting back on it now.

Re: Pierre Bilyeu and Frances DuBois

Posted: 17 Apr 2008 1:25AM GMT
Surnames: Bilyeu>Coker>Massey>Hyde>Barnes
check out www.otitismedia.net/bilyeu.html for info on Pierre Bilyeu and Francoise Du Bois. Scio, Oregon is full of Bilyeu's that may be able to help you.

Posted: 14 May 2009 9:57PM GMT
I, too, am just now renewing my Bilyeu family research. Lots of new info online.

As to Thomas, no, he is not the father of Pierre Billiou who married Francois DuBois. Hazel Lowery,researcher of "Our Bilyeus" located the documentation (below) and included it in "Our Bilyeus" 2nd Edition. (Courtesy of Margie von Marenholtz August 23, 2000)

"Pierre Billiou, his marriage date and his father" by Almerican R. Boileau, San Diego, CA,, November 1973 is a four page research paper on file at the DAR Library in Washington, D.C.; filed with 5 or so volumes of material published by the DuBois Family Association under the heading "Chretein Du Bois Family". Mr. Boileau visited the Archives of Leiden, Holland in September 1973, and examined the marriage records of Pierre Billiou and Francoise DuBoys. The records he saw there were the church records of the publication of the banns and the records of marriages....Mr. Boileau's words: "At the publication of the banns on 9 April 1649, Pierre was sponsored by his father, "Jeacq Biljouw."

Joanne Kartak

Posted: 22 Jul 2012 10:56PM GMT
I also read that piece about Jaques being Pierre's father, We always thought that there was a gap in the line there and could not find the documentation to prove either way. I am also restarting my research again on the line. Mildred Lowery Roden did some research on the family and donated some of her research to libraries in South West Missouri, I know Barry County has a copy, I also have mine that she gave me on this line. You can email me directly at draki20@hotmail.com

Janice Kyle

Posted: 23 Jul 2012 3:16PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2012 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: Bilyeu
Janice--I'm very happy to hear from you. Can't wait to compare notes. A few years ago, after I found a number of serious errors by some of the well known books used as sources for Bilyeu genealogy, I came to the same conclusion of Edna Hazel Lowery: I cannot find a solid line of ancestors to prove John Bilyeu(b 1775) & his brothers who showed up in Miller Co.,Missouri were related to Pierre of Staten Is. I posted my Bilyeu research online hoping to find other researchers who were interested in proving/disproving the old Bilyeu lines. I did not gain popularity by questioning some of the old published books and questioned sources. Perhaps I was too blunt?
Maybe someone reading your post and my reply would like to join us in taking another look at our Bilyeu lines.

~Joanne Kartak aka qvarizona
http://freepages.family.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~qvarizona/bil... Note: Copy entire link

Posted: 24 Jul 2012 1:45AM GMT
Surnames: Bilyeu, Meadows, Brisco(e), Ewin(g),
Yes, I would like to prove one way or another how they are related, may not be direct as we all have assumed, but related some how as it seems in some of the files I have looked at in the census that the spellings were not always consistent with the original. They were spelled as the taker could sense it was spelled as most were illiterate and could not read. Sad to say I had a grandfather who never read and wrote his name with a X on many documents I had seen, but was a very shrewd man when it came to his dealings/trading/selling his goods. I have pictures of some of the Bilyeu's but not directly on my computer too much space. Will send some snail mail when I find the right file I have them in on another drive.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic