Search for content in message boards

Cassidys of Monestrevin Co Kildare Ireland

Cassidys of Monestrevin Co Kildare Ireland

Bill Lidster (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2000 12:21PM GMT
Is anyone connected to the Cassidy family of Monestrevin circa 1780-1915. They owned a distillery in Monestrevin and were a focal family in the community . I have lots of info on the family who were my ancestors.

Re: Cassidys of Monestrevin Co Kildare Ireland

Posted: 21 Jul 2005 7:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am connected to this family, but not sure how yet. I have a firm Dowling connection in Monasterevin, other names are Cobbe and Warren in the town. I recently met a 79 year old lady in Monasterevin and she told me there was a Cassidy connection, also I think an Elizabeth Cassidy married an Arthur Welford (British Army) and moved to Camvridge, England, where later on some Dowlings went.

Posted: 1 May 2012 6:11PM GMT
Hi
I hope you are still looking at Ancestry.com I am looking for any information on the Cassidy you may be able to help me do you know where Guendella CASSIDY, was born in France and where she married Robert Cassidy ABT 1893, I have been looking for the marriage but it is so hard without Guendella maiden name may be you could help me . I have photos of the family tome in Passlands if you like I will forward them on to you

Thank you Pauline Keenan

Posted: 8 Jun 2012 1:32AM GMT
My Cassidy's came from this area as well. (Clonown, Lackagh) Peter Cassidy maried Margaret Grattan Oct. 6, 1843. Thier daughter Catherine Cassidy was born in 1845 and baptized at Monestevin. Not sure of Peter's parents but probably from your family I would bet.

Posted: 8 Jun 2012 1:32AM GMT
My Cassidy's came from this area as well. (Clonown, Lackagh) Peter Cassidy maried Margaret Grattan Oct. 6, 1843. Thier daughter Catherine Cassidy was born in 1845 and baptized at Monestevin. Not sure of Peter's parents but probably from your family I would bet.

Posted: 6 Jul 2012 3:28PM GMT
Hi Thanks for your message My Cassidy's were the distillers in the town they original came from Johnstown and they lived in the big house in Drogheda St.I tried to match up you names with mine but no luck as of yet.

Pauline
per page

Find a board about a specific topic