Search for content in message boards

josiah churchill

josiah churchill

d.w. churchill (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2001 2:40PM GMT
Re: Larry Churchill & Ned Brooks:
Been researching Josiah Churchill for over year, via internet sources,also used various message boards. Have been able to trace Josiah & John back to England, even France. But,many who have been researching for years, claim there is no proof beyond the U.S.Some claim Josiah (Wethersfield,Conn), John (Ply, Mass) And William (New York), all brothers, but, again, beware no way it's documented (that anyone knows of.) What is well documented: Josiah married Elizabeth Foote in Wethersfield,1638. John married Hannah Pontus in Plymouth 1642. Both lines have many early descendants throughout New England states,then across America. Lots of info on www.familysearch.org and ancestryworldtree.com, plus others. But, beware, lots of misinformation. Larry,if you have info going back to England, would love to hear from you. I will be going to Boston Library in a few months where a relative, who done extensive research on Churchills (went to England re search), is said to have deposited his search,a manuscript, at Library.

Josiah Churchill

Posted: 31 Jan 2001 11:57AM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2002 4:48AM GMT
D W Churchill, I am still searching for evidence on Josiah. I even wrote to England the other day. Will keep you posted.

josiah churchill

d.w.churchill (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2001 12:13PM GMT
Larry, thank you very much. u seem to put much time into this..so do I. Perhaps we can help each other. Unless I strike it rich on computer, which (as you know) is unlikely,I can't help much now. BUt,going to Boston three or 4 mos from now. Hopefully will find that Churchill manuscript which may (or may not) reveal something. Anyway, tx.

Josiah Churchill manuscript

d.w.churchill (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2001 11:29PM GMT
Larry:among my many collections,found Gitto De Leon info,amongst others.There's at least entries re Josiah/John lines that go in similar but different directions.Here's another twist.www.familysearch.org (LDS) shows Josiah and John leading back to Roger Churchill/Jane Peverell,whose daughter,Margaret marries Bartholomew Olde. abt. six generations later,Eliza.(Betsy)Ball,dau. of Libeus Ball & Thankful Stowe, marries Aaron Jerome. Two generations later Leonard Walter Jerome/Clarisa Hall give birth to Jennie Jerome (mother of the famous Winston Churchill). Now om 1999, Winston S. Churchill, grandson of Sir Winston had Winston's "The Great Republic, a history of America", published. Just before the index, there are two pages entitled, "Winston Churchill's Mayflower ancestry,compiled by Winston S.,who claim to have also obtained into from same LDS source. He only shows Jennie Jerome's ancestry, not his Churchill side. My search,which I'll have to recheck,also included data I got from "MyFamily.com" and I might have done some "splicing". But, at this point, I do know both sites had Margaret Churchill marrying Bartholomew Olde. And,since Winston's grandson was confident enought to publish the "Jerome" side, possibly he's not disputing that "Churchill" connection. I need more time to pursue this (just bought the Winston book.If all those entries correct that would connect Churchill lines to all the rich history re. the 1600's and beyond. But, stop,nobody (at this time) really beleives it! But, it's interesting!

Re: Josiah Churchill manuscript

Posted: 16 Feb 2005 3:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Randolphs/Hobbs/Zimmerman's/ Hicks
I am searching for info on how the Randolph's tie into the Churchill 's and the Zimmerman's. I have a Martha Randolph born 1868 whose family was related somehow so I was told to Winston Churchill. That his wife was named Jenny or Martha Randolph. Do you have any info on this. Please e-mail me at cbrznwhrlwnd@comcast.net if you have any info. Thanks Marlene
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions