Search for content in message boards

Coghlan family

Coghlan family

Posted: 1 Nov 2003 3:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Coghlan/Kelly
Looking for descendants of William Coghlan and Bridget Agnes Kelly who moved to the Seattle area from Galway,Ireland in the 1930's
They had five children all born in Ireland (Michael 1911,Mary 1913,William 1915,Gertrude 1917 and James Christopher 1920)
Any informatiom will be appreciated

Re: Coghlan family

Posted: 1 May 2007 1:20AM GMT
Surnames: Coghlan
Are you still looking for this info? I don't have it but might be able to give you a couple pointers and where to look.

Posted: 1 Aug 2010 1:37AM GMT
Surnames: Coghlan, Longley, McCarthy, Langlois,
I think I may be a relative. William T. Coghlan is a 2nd cousin to my grandmother, I believe. My great great grandparents names are : Timothy Coghlan (born Ireland) and Ellen McCarthy. My great Grandparents: Mary (their daughter) Isabella (Coghlan) Longley, born in Boston, Mass 08-13-86. Mary Isabella Coghlan Longley ended up in Seattle, too. Married a Longley. Her Daughter is my grandmother.

Reply please.

Posted: 9 Aug 2010 6:42PM GMT
Surnames: Coghlan, Robinson, Davis
Hi,
After seeing the message from the other lady, I went back and searched again for yours. I didn't find any death information on the parents.

A Gertrude Coghlan of King Co. married William D. Robinson of King Co on 15 June 1940 at St. James Cathedral, Seattle, King Co. Witnesses=Michael J. Coghlan & Mary Coghlan. Source: Washington State Digital Archives (WSDA). You can view & print all marriage records at the web site for no charge.

A William D. Robinson, Jr. b. abt. 1942 died 14 March 1945, Seattle, King Co., WA.
Age=3 yrs 8 mos 17 days.
Father=William D. Robinson.
Mother=Gertrude Coghlan. Source: Washington Death Certificates 1907-1960, Family Search, fsbeta.familysearch.org.

A Mary Doghlan of King Co. married a James Davis of King Co. 4 April 1942 at the County-City Building, Seattle. Witnesses=Richard Davis & William D. Robinson. Source: WSDA.

A James C. Coghlan of King Co., married Helen O'Connor of King Co on 21 April 1951 at Blessed Sacrament Church. Witnesses=Owen W. Durkin & Elaine Stiller. Source: WSDA.

A James Co Coughlan b. June 2, 1920 died Jan. 30, 1989, Seattle, King Co., WA. Source: WSDA, Social Security Death Index.

You can verify that this was your James by requesting a copy of his obituary from Washington State Library, sos.wa.gov/library/Genealogy.aspx .

A Michael J. Coghlan b. July 1, 1911 died April 3, 1989, Orting, WA. Source: same as above.

Don't forget to request a copy of his obituary too.

A William A. Doughlan b. Oct. 2, 1915, Last Residence Zip=98116 died Nov. 29, 1998, Seattle. Source: WSDA, Social Security Death Index. Successful Searching!

Posted: 10 Aug 2010 11:52PM GMT
Surnames: Coghlan, Coughlin, Coughlan, Langley, Longley, Langlois
Hi...

I think this William Coghlan is a relative. But not sure how.

I have found that my line of Coghlan's in Boston (Timothy Coghlan married Ellen Mccarthy) daughter Mary Isabella who married Edward J Longley who moved to Seattle, WA and had daughter May Cecilia. Mary Isabella died as Mary Langlois and husbands name on death certificate is Edward Langlois. Edward died in 1951 in Hennepin County Minnesota as Edward J Langlois. May's name was legally changed at the age of 12 to Mary Cecilia Langlois.

Also found that Timothy Coghlan came to US with a brother.

William in Seattle I think is an Uncle to my grandmother Mary Cecilia.... But haven't figured the link yet of how.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions