Search for content in message boards

James Albert Dent

James Albert Dent

Posted: 25 Jan 2001 6:12PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 2:03PM GMT
James was my gggrandfather who married Elizabeth Jamison. Had 10 children, 9f 1m. all born in or around Oakland, Maryland. Names are Pauline, Elizabeth, Francis, Virginia, Mary, Margaret, Loretta, Adaline, my grandmother Eleanor, and Edward. James was sheriff of Oakland before moving to West Virginia ... probably around early 1900's. Heard 2nd hand that we was related to Pres. Ulysses S. Grant whom married Julia Boggs Dent in 1848. Thanks for any help you can provide!

James Dent

Posted: 15 Jun 2001 7:55AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2001 6:15PM GMT
Dave:
I have a James Dent in my files who is related to Julia Boggs Dent. This is on my wife's side of the family and I don't have birth date, etc. Check our site for the info we have: http://geocities.com/taheo_92234

Hope this helps!
Jerry Smith
taheo@telis.org

Re: James Albert Dent

Posted: 20 Aug 2001 3:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Aug 2001 7:38PM GMT
Surnames: Dent, Jameson
My grandmother was Margaret Cecelia Dent, her father's name was James Albert and the names you listed were her sisters names so I am sure we are talking about the same family. I don't have much to add as yet, I have just started this search. Good Luck to you, Gail Mount

Posted: 21 Aug 2001 12:28AM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2005 10:19PM GMT
Surnames: Stephens, Dent
Gail,
Thanks for your response! Do you know James Albert's wife's name? Who did your grandmother marry? My grandmother married Earl Thomas Stephens. Did you know that 2 of the sisters are still alive in West Virginia, I believe it's Loretta and Adaline. I've never met them. My grandparents settled in the Detroit, MI area, which is where I live. Where are you? You can respond to my e-mail address if you like.
Thanks,
David Stephens
dstephe13@cs.com

Christy Glancy (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2001 10:31PM GMT
Surnames: Dent
David,
James Albert Dent was my ggrandfather, too. My grandmother was Francis Ellen Dent Glancy. So that makes us related. For your records, I think that the son's name was Edmund, not Edward.
Bert Dent was married to Elizabeth Jamison Dent of Oakland,MD. Bert was born 24/06/1867 in Marion County, WV. and died 3/07/1956 in Clarksburg, WV. Elizabeth was born 01/03/1869 in MD. She died 11/02/1956. in Clarksburg, WV. Parents are Marmaduke and Mary Ellen Snyder, and Edmund and Elizabeth Coddington Jamison. I believe his occupation was carpenter. I hope this helps.

Posted: 7 Sep 2001 2:02AM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2005 10:19PM GMT
Surnames: dent, stephens
Christy,
Thanks so much for your response to my postings! My grandmother was Eleanor Dent Stephens who married Earl Thomas Stephens. My dad, Thomas is 1 of their four children, along with Jack, Mary, and Betty. I've recently made contact with the grandaughter of Francis Ellen Dent, another one of the sisters. I'm curious as to where your info came from...do you have copies of records you might share. When you get a chance, please e-mail me so we can share more info. Thanks again!!!
David Stephens :-)>
dstephe13@cs.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic