Search for content in message boards

The Letts family researching and recompiling

The Letts family researching and recompiling

Posted: 2 Feb 2008 8:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Letts and related families of NJ
Hello Letts cousins,
I am researching and recompiling the genealogy of the Letts family. I have corrected, collected and found much new information on the family since Hubert Letts'es book was published in the 1980's. I would like to add your famiy line or help you find your connection to William Letts "The Weaver" of NJ c.1642
Jane

Re: The Letts family researching and recompiling

Posted: 24 Jan 2010 5:51AM GMT
I'm also a descendent of William Letts from Holland Netherlands (b 1642 and d 1701 in Perth Amboy). I would love to hear about anything you have found out over the years...I've just started researching this line which goes down to my grandmother Doris Letts and her parents Earl Letts and Edith (Kivist) Letts. The entire line is from South Amboy with the exception of William Letts who lived originally in Elizabethtown, East Jersey.

My email is mrinn30@yahoo.com

Anything you could share would be appreciated,
Michele

Posted: 24 Jan 2010 6:30PM GMT
Hi,
Thank you for replying. I have sent you a message to your e-mail address.
Jane

Posted: 27 Mar 2010 5:48AM GMT
Hello,
I'm a descendant of Jeremiah Letts, the son of Nehemiah Letts and Rhoda Ann Reed. Jeremiah had a daughter Caroline, who married a Robinson, whose daughter married a Payne. I can supply you with the information on this line if you want. I'd love to know about the info you've found. This is my mom's account but you can e-mail me at amypayne01@comcast.net.
Thank you,
Amy

Posted: 21 May 2010 5:36PM GMT
I have been researching the Letts on my maternal grandmother's side without luck. My grandmother was Alma Letts Jordan-Smith. Her mother was Fanny Letts who married William Jordan. any help would be great to search this line backwards.

you can email me directly at lmosall@mosallsgrove.com

Lauri

Posted: 21 May 2010 5:37PM GMT
michele, do you have nay connections to jordans from Ireland in your line?

Posted: 21 May 2010 9:15PM GMT
Lauri
Do you know more about Alma or Fanny? I do not recognize your family yet. Any thing on the Letts side? dates, places,ect. I have a marriage in NJ for a Thomas Jordan and Mary Letts 1752 but nothing more on either family yet.
Please contact me. I have Fanny and Alma Letts's ect. from many lines and many states. May be I can Help. But I need more data.
Jane
mjabsalom@yahoo.com

Posted: 22 May 2010 8:53PM GMT
Mary E. Letts was married to my great grandfather, Andrew J. Campbell,becoming my great gradmother. She was born Aug 1815. They had children Lydia, Edmund, Charles,George,and my grandfather Frank C. Campbell. She was born in New Jersey and I joined the DAR using her and her father Joshua Letts, mother Melena Warne,daughter of Thomas Warne and Mary Morgan,Thomas was the child of Joshua Warne (my patriot).All from Middlesex,Co. New Jersey. The three Uncles were all in the Civil War.

Posted: 23 May 2010 6:13PM GMT
Hi Jane,

I would love to have my Letts included in your research and find out how they relate to others.

My maternal grandmother was Mabel E. Letts born 1903 in Michigan, her father was Elmer E. Letts born 1869 in Indiana, his father was Peter S. Letts born 1840 New York, his father was John Letts born about 1810 New York, according to John's death certificate his father was Daniel Letts born in New Jersey.

Thanks! JoAnn Browning

Posted: 24 May 2010 9:01PM GMT
Joann,
I did not have Peter connected to any one yet and John son of Daniel had no data but I do have a bit from Peter to Mable and Lynn Hilliker. If this rings a few bells I would love to hear more and possibly see a copy of your certificates. They may have some clues that I may recognize. These Letts'es have names and places that over lap with my NJ Letts'es. I believe they may be related but I have to warn you that I found connections to a line from possibly Germany who settled in East Pa. and also owned property in NY. They crossed the river into NJ often and can be traced heading west. In any event they will fit into my vol. of unlinkable Letts'es. and include those who once spelled the name as Litts Lutz Lotts etc. which eventually developed into the spelling of Letts.
you can e-mail be at mjabsalom@yahoo.com
Jane
per page

Find a board about a specific topic