Search for content in message boards

UEL Ancesters

UEL Ancesters

Maggie Barron (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2006 6:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm just trying to connect with others on here who may share the same Loyalist ancestry. Below I've listed all of my known direct UEL ancesters as well as those who I 'suspect' were Loyalists (they are included on some UEL lists but not on others..?). If anyone can share any information on these men, please do. Especially any information on Daniel Campbell UEL, Michael Cline UEL, Philip Eamer UEL, as well as anything on Hamilton or Grant families.
I also have a few ancesters who came to Canada from the U.S. about the time of the Revolutionary War but I'm not sure if they are Loyalists, so if anyone can clarify this for me...

Known & 'Suspected' Loyalists:

1. Benjamin EASTMAN Jr. (1759-1836)
2. Nadab EASTMAN (1761-1815)
3. Benjamin EASTMAN Sr. (1719-1814)
4. Peter Cooke WATERBURY (1760-1816)
5. Robert JOHNSTON (1760-1799)
6. Jonas WOOD (1738-1815
7. Jacob Yancope ALGUIRE or ALLGEYER or ALGIRE or ALGAJER (1730-1806)
8. Johann "Matthias"/"Matheus" SNETSINGER or SCHNETZINGER or SCHNEZINGER (1755-1833)
9. (Johann?) Michael CLINE or CLYNE or CLYN or KLEIN (1746-?)
10. Christian/Christopher GALLINGER (1756-1737)
11. Henrich/Henry GALLINGER (1761-1835)
12. Johann "Michael" GALLINGER (1726-1797)
13. Daniel CAMPBELL (unk.birthdate)
*father of Eleanor Campbell who married Hector Manson.
14. (Johann?) Leonard/Lenert/Leonardt/Lenhardt HELMER Jr. (1752-1806)
15. (Johann?) Leonard/Lenert/Leonardt/Lenhardt HELMER Sr. (c.1730-?)
16. Rudolph KOCH (1728-?)
17. Donald ROSS (1760-1817)
18. Hugh MUNRO (1748-1821)
19. Philip EAMER (c.1730-?)

Thomas MANSON (1741-"probably died in or near Mille Roches, Stormont Co, Ontario", married Elizabeth Walker and is father to Hector Manson)

HAMILTON: Any ancesters of William J. Hamilton (birthdate unk. - died 1847 by drowning in the St.Lawrence River at Cornwall, married Isabel/Eliza Manson, daughter of Hector Manson). This family lived at Mille Roches, Stormont County, Ontario, Canada

GRANT: Any ancesters of John Grant (born c.1798 in "Upper Canada" - 1869, married Mary Grant and had a daugher Sarah Jane Grant who married James Alexander "Sandy" Dow) This family lived in Charlottenburgh Twp, Glengarry County, Ontario.

Re: UEL Ancesters

Bruce MacMillan (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2006 1:38AM GMT
My gggggg-grandfather Martin (Martinus) was a brother to Jacob Alguire. I have tree from their grandfather to present on many family members. Jacob married Salome Wale.

Like many early pioneer families there were marriages between the families across many generations. I have connections with Gallinger, Johnston, Eamer and Helmer as well.

Posted: 29 Jun 2013 2:47PM GMT
Surnames: Cline, Hamilton
I am interested in the Clines and Hamiltons also as I am considering applying for a UEL membership. Here is what I have in my tree
Michael Cline born in 1744 in Germany
HAD A SON
Michael Cline born May 16 1790
HAD A SON
William Cline born April 24 1819 @ Cornwall
HAD A DAUGHTER
Mary Matilda Cline born Aug 5 1849
Mary married James Hamilton
THEY HAD A SON
Robert Francis Hamilton
THEY HAD A DAUGHTER
Margarite Bernice
Bernice married William Orval Francis
THEY HAD ME
William James Francis born March 26 1945 in Haliburton, Ontario. Would be willing to share.

Posted: 30 Jun 2013 1:50PM GMT
Edited: 5 Apr 2014 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: Snetsinger Gallinger Warner Clark Prentice Hamilton Grant McDonell McLennan
Hi . I have Johann Matheus "Michael" Snetsinger KRRNY , his son George married Mary Gallinger [daughter of George Gallinger KRRNY and Margaret Warner and grandaughter of Johann Michael Gallinger SR. KRRNY and of Michael Warner KRRNY]. Another of George Gallinger's daughter's Catherine Gallinger married David Ellis Clark [son of John Clark and grandson of Sgt. James Clark KRRNY --- said John Clark married Mary Prentice daughter of Daniel Prentice KRRNY and Mary Hamilton]. David Ellis Clark's daughter Massey Mercy Ann Clark married Donald A. Grant [son of Angus Grant and Isabel Grant daughter of Duncan Grant KRRNY and Henriett Henny McLennan who was daughter of John McLennan KRRNY][said Angus Grant was son of Alexander Alex Grant and Nancy Ann McDonell daughter of Donald McDonell KRRNY --- killed Fort Stanwix 1777]. Donald A. Grant's son Duncan Grant married his second cousin Rachael Snetsinger daughter of John Snetsinger and grandaughter of afore mentiond George Snetsinger and Mary Gallinger .
per page

Find a board about a specific topic