Search for content in message boards

Descendant of Zachary Taylor by aunt Rebecca Taylor - trying to find documentation

Descendant of Zachary Taylor by aunt Rebecca Taylor - trying to find documentation

Posted: 1 Oct 2012 12:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Taylor
Trying to find documentation that Rebecca Taylor - born 1753 - 1850 Fairfield, VA, married John W Hughes - born 1750- 1850 (child: Joseph Fleet Hughes), was an aunt of President Zachary Taylor. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Descendant of Zachary Taylor by aunt Rebecca Taylor - trying to find documentation

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 1:13AM GMT
I am also a descendent of the 12th president Zachary Taylor. I know his Father was Colonel Ricahrd Taylor and mother Sarah Dabney Strothers. I am sorry I do not have their years on hand me and my wife have been searching for my ancestors and we have found a gap in our tree stops at William Pressley Taylor 1856 to 1927. he was my great great grandfather. If you have any information on who his parents were I would appreciate it if you could help. I hope Sarah's name can help you.

Re: Descendant of Zachary Taylor by aunt Rebecca Taylor - trying to find documentation

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 9:31PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor
Hello,
Thank you for sending your message. I am finding it hard to verify that Rebecca Taylor was Zachary Taylor's aunt as I go on the internet and cannot find Rebecca Taylor's name listed in zachary Taylor's line.
Anyways - to maybe help you - you can go to rootsweb.com and type in William's name - it may show up in a line for the Taylors' also you can type in William's Taylor's name in the search on the internet as well and see if anything comes up.
By the way - is your last name Freeze? As I have Freese in my ancestry.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions