Search for content in message boards

Descendant of Zachary Taylor by aunt Rebecca Taylor - trying to find documentation

Descendant of Zachary Taylor by aunt Rebecca Taylor - trying to find documentation

Posted: 1 Oct 2012 12:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Taylor
Trying to find documentation that Rebecca Taylor - born 1753 - 1850 Fairfield, VA, married John W Hughes - born 1750- 1850 (child: Joseph Fleet Hughes), was an aunt of President Zachary Taylor. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Descendant of Zachary Taylor by aunt Rebecca Taylor - trying to find documentation

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 1:13AM GMT
I am also a descendent of the 12th president Zachary Taylor. I know his Father was Colonel Ricahrd Taylor and mother Sarah Dabney Strothers. I am sorry I do not have their years on hand me and my wife have been searching for my ancestors and we have found a gap in our tree stops at William Pressley Taylor 1856 to 1927. he was my great great grandfather. If you have any information on who his parents were I would appreciate it if you could help. I hope Sarah's name can help you.

Re: Descendant of Zachary Taylor by aunt Rebecca Taylor - trying to find documentation

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 9:31PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor
Hello,
Thank you for sending your message. I am finding it hard to verify that Rebecca Taylor was Zachary Taylor's aunt as I go on the internet and cannot find Rebecca Taylor's name listed in zachary Taylor's line.
Anyways - to maybe help you - you can go to rootsweb.com and type in William's name - it may show up in a line for the Taylors' also you can type in William's Taylor's name in the search on the internet as well and see if anything comes up.
By the way - is your last name Freeze? As I have Freese in my ancestry.

Posted: 9 Oct 2014 8:48PM GMT
Hi, sorry soo late in replying - yes, Freese is in my ancestry - my grandfather's last name is Freese and they were from Germany/France.
Who was your ancestor maybe we are connected somehow?

Posted: 12 Oct 2014 2:50PM GMT
My information is - Colonel Richard Lee Taylor was a son of Zachary Taylor Sr and Elizabeth Lee- I have 9 children listed for them - may not be all but have the approximate dates for those nine - (not in order):
Charles
Richard Lee
Mary
Thomas
Hannah
Elizabeth Lee
Hancock
Joseph Zachary
Zachary Jr

Hope it helps narrow down your search some
My line traces the Strothers and the Lee's so they kind of intersected
Betty

Posted: 12 Oct 2014 8:17PM GMT
You don't give any clues as to which one this could be -
In the 1860 census - there are two William's that could fit -
1) b VA son of Thornton T Taylor -
2) b Yancy Co., N.C. son of John Wesley Taylor

Find-A-Grave - has 2 (sort of)
William Taylor Sep 22, 1856 - May 21, 1927
William Alonzo Taylor Oct 30, 1856-Feb 17, 1927

The first born and died Scott Co., ILL - his line per Find-A-Grave traces back to MD
William Alonzo buried Xenia, Greene Co., OH

If he is the son of Thornton T. Taylor can fill in some of those blanks
It helps if you give at least a spouse's name to verify
Betty
per page

Find a board about a specific topic