Search for content in message boards

Number of Descendants?

Number of Descendants?

Posted: 7 Sep 2013 3:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a large tree on Ancestry and would like to know the number of descendants from a particular couple who were born in 1750.

Is there a way of doing this without having to download the tree - currently I just have it on Ancestry.

Re: Number of Descendants?

Posted: 8 Sep 2013 3:34AM GMT
Do you mean the number of descendants from whom you are just descended? You could probably just count. Or the total number of descendants- if that's the case, chances are there are hundreds of them. You'd have to go through each of the individuals who are descendants and see if they had siblings and children, and do it for each of those individuals as well. Eventually you'll probably hit a few brick walls or run into private profiles. It might be a bit easier if you took an autosomal DNA test with Ancestry so you can see if there are any related surnames in your matches' trees.

Posted: 8 Sep 2013 8:13PM GMT
Its the number of descendants from a particular couple.

I know there would people be many hundreds - which is why I wondered if there was an easier way than trying to count them!

Posted: 10 Sep 2013 1:45AM GMT
Unfortunately not, at least not that I'm aware of.

Posted: 10 Sep 2013 9:02AM GMT
Oh well - thanks anyway. I know if you download the tree to your pc there may be ways - but I don't really want to as I'm happy just having it on Ancestry.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions