Nathan Gregory

Posted: 13 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jul 2002 11:55AM GMT
Surnames: Gregory
My great great great grandfather was Nathan Gregory who
was from Currituck area. He left there for Mo between
1830 and 1840 for Livingston County, MO. His brother Spence
H Gregory and Manloff Gregory also went to MO. Their father was Thomas Gregory.. He married in N. C. and I would
like to know the name of his wife. Are there Marriage books
of that area??

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Nathan Gregory

Posted: 19 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2001 12:53PM GMT
Surnames: BOURS, BAUM, CAMPBELL, HALL, JASPER, JONES, MACKIE, TILLET
Dear Ann Newsom, The Currituck Co. Marriage Bonds Book A 1851 - 1867 does not list marriage for Nathan Gregory. Thomas Gregory, Nathan's father married Director Hall dau. of Spence Hall & Director ?. Spence Hall is also my ancestor and I have found his genealogy in Md. I will send it to you if you don't have it. Spence Hall Gregory married my 3 Great Grandmother Lovey (Jasper) Hall widow of his cousin Jehu Hall.
Betty Ferguson

Re: Nathan Gregory

Posted: 13 May 2002 5:02AM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2006 2:18AM GMT
Surnames: Gregory, Hall, Cook
Dear Betty Ferguson,
My gggrandfather was Nathan Hall Gregory who migrated to Bodie, Mono Co, CA; married Katherine Cook and had 3 daughters Christina (my ggrandmother, b February 18, 1880) Idelle, and Lettie and son Spence.

This must be the same family! Can you help me determine this ?

FYI this Spence Gregory was the last inhabitant of Bodie, which is now a CA State Park. The rangers stationed there live in the Gregory House!

Clara McKenzie

Cynthia Lee (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2005 6:34PM GMT
Surnames: Gregory/Hall/Green/Barber
Would love this Hall line to MD for CDXVIIC documentation.Do you know if it is published anywhere?
Tks.

Posted: 12 Mar 2005 10:59PM GMT
Edited: 24 Sep 2006 11:11AM GMT
Cybthia,

Can you please e-mail me. I have something for you.

Thanks,

Ann

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 4:43AM GMT
Surnames: Bibbins
http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~livcomo/Pioneers/b56... Lists the parents of the Gregory's that you are looking for.

I am currently looking for probate information for Spence H & Manloff. I am a descendant of a few of Spence & Manloff's slaves-thus in need of any slave sells, Tax lists or probate info that could provide me with slave data detail. Let me know if you have any of this type of information or can point me to another genealogist enthusiast in your family that could help.
Thanks
stacey

Posted: 16 Apr 2010 10:15AM GMT
SORRY STACY

I do not have information regarding Spence & Manloff. It would appear that my grandfather Nathan did not have any slaves. Spence and Manloff were half brothers. Spence's mother was Director Hall and father was Thomas Gregory. Probably some of your ancestors were slaves owned by the Hall's as there are wills that indicate that slaves were given to other memebers of the family, Spence Hall's grandfather was Spence Hall and his grandmother was Director Hall and their wills can be found online at the Currituck site

Sorry

Ann

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 12:29AM GMT
Stacey - I was wondering what you had found as far as probate info because I am researching for another descendant of the Spence and Manloff slaves.

Thanks,

Greta

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 12:59AM GMT
I have yet to pull the probate records for the Spence/Manloff Gregory family. I have a variety of information concerning a few of their slaves and. I plan to spend some time reaserching in Livingston County (where the probate records are) in mid March. Let me know which names or families your looking for and I will make sure to search for the names while Im in Chilicothe. Also, I may have come across these names already, thus fyi me the familes your looking for.

Stacey

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 1:03AM GMT
Hi Stacey -

I'm looking for Harriett Ann Watson and Miles G. Whitehall. Harriett was owned by Spence Hall Gregory first and then Manloff. She and Miles were married when she was still enslaved by Manloff. Would be cool if you have info on them already!

Miles joined the Union's Col'd Infantry in either March or Nov 1863, so trying to figure when and how between 1856 (when they were married) and 1863 he was freed. Thanks!

Greta
per page

Find a board about a specific topic