Search for content in message boards

Burdettes in Laurens, SC

Burdettes in Laurens, SC

Jackie Burdette Strickland (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2000 9:42AM GMT
I am having trouble find any information on my great-grandparents. I have discovered they were Hiram Peterson Burdette who married Melissa Elizabeth Cannady in Laurens, SC on Jan. 18, 1877. Hiram was born Jan 21, 1880 and Melissa on Jan. 18, 1877. Unfortuantely I cannot find any other information. If anyone has any information, please email me -- azal104092.
Thanks.

Burdette in South Carolina

Rosaleen Burdette Ellison (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2001 5:33AM GMT
I just checked the message board. I was born and raised in Cleburne Texas. I remarried in December of l998 and moved to Roanoke VA. There have been a lot of people doing research on our lineage. I first started it on paper with about 300 names, but with the help of 4 other cousins, we now have it up to over l200 names. We have a webiste at myfamily.com. If you would like, I can go and invite you to go there and view that site. Just before Thanksgiving, I went to see my sister in VA Beach and on my way back to Alabama, we stopped in Anderson County SC at Ive SC and went to the Union Cemetary where a lot of our Burdette ancesors are laid to rest. There is also a second cemetary in Iva and one in Lowdnsvile, which is 5 miles from Iva where a lot of the Burdettes are buried. If you would like for me to inivte you to the Burdette website, please email me at the above address and I will do so. Waiting to hear from you.

Burdettes in SC

Jackie Strickland (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2001 2:53PM GMT
Rosaleen,
Thank you so much for replying. I have found quite a few of my relatives still living in in Laurens and surrounding areas of SC. I would love to visit you website. It appears we may be from the same set of Burdettes. Our line has been traced back as far as Frederick Burdette, born in 1753.
Thanks,
Jackie

email address needed

Rosaleen Burdette Ellison (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2001 3:35PM GMT
I need your email address to be able to invite you to the website. Please email me at roseellison@hotmail.com with your name and address and I will go to the site and invite you to visit. Were you a Burdette?
Where do you live now?

Fredrick Burdette

Posted: 26 Feb 2001 9:01AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jan 2004 3:27PM GMT
Please contact me at <padoug@shentel.net>
I have lots of information on the S.C.
Burdette's. Pa Doug.

Fredrick Burdette

Howard W. Burdett (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2001 6:34AM GMT
Do you know if the SC Burdettes immigrated directly into SC or if they came from elsewhere in America--such as Virginia?
Posted: 5 Apr 2001 4:38PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jan 2004 3:27PM GMT
All I have is that Fredeick Came fron
Amsterdam Holland and settle in S C now
where he came direct to S C I have no idea.

Re: Fredrick

Posted: 28 Oct 2001 3:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Nov 2002 10:05PM GMT
Harold-
Please email me. Have info you might be interested in.
Lynn Blau

Re: Fredrick Burdette

Posted: 29 Sep 2005 2:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jul 2007 1:41AM GMT
i have a sc burdett that was born in ohio but older sc came in here freom england............my sc moved to wv about 1872
sc andmollie taylor had 7 children one of whom is a fredrick
sc was a judge

so are we kin?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic