Search for content in message boards

Clawson-Patton Tennessee

Clawson-Patton Tennessee

Posted: 6 Dec 2000 7:27PM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2003 3:50AM GMT
Matthew McDaniel Patton married Sarah Clawson in Lee County Virginia. How does this family fit in with the other Pattons' and Clawsons? They Married ca 1866. Any help appreciated.

Re: Clawson-Patton Tennessee

Posted: 10 Dec 2009 12:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Clawson, Braden, Cain,
I am a direct descendant of the Clawsons from Lee Co. Va.
thru my grandmother Sarah Vennie Clawson m Will Braden.
Her father was Jahue Clawson m Lillie Lynch. Jahue was the
son of Thomas Clawson and Sarah Mary Cain. Thomas Clawson and his parents and siblings moved from Lee Co. Va to Powell Valley, Claiborne Co. Tn abt 1850. Thomas had a brother names James and sister named Susan Clawson and others in his family. I have more info on them. Anyone have more background info on these Clawsons such as where did they lived before moving to the Lee Co. Va area?

Posted: 10 Dec 2009 6:04AM GMT
Hi, I am related to James W Clawson through his daughter Sarah. She married Daniel Patton in Lee co Va in 1866. James W married Susan Arnold and they lived in Carter County Tn before moving to Lee co Va ca 1850 census. The mother in law died in Lee co va after they moved there. They then moved on to Union County Tn ca 1870. I have not been able to find Sarah and Daniel until 1880 when he was then in Union county also. Susan Arnold's mother was Mary Clawson a daughter of James Clawson. I believe James W Clawson's father was William a brother to James but no proof. I can send you information or just send you a invite as a guest to my tree.

Posted: 10 Dec 2009 1:30PM GMT
Surnames: Clawson, Braden, Lynch, Cain, more
Yes, please send me an invite to your site and any info you have. There were maybe five children all together who moved into the Powell's Valley, Tn area. Most of family settled on N side of Powell River. Thomas Clawson and family lived in Straight Branch Hollow which is in Union County. They ran a country store and later it was used as Clawson School. Thomas Clawson is buried in the Cain Cemetery in Blue Spring Hollow. Sarah Mary Cain Clawson is buried in the Baker Cemetery near Luttrell. I will check my books for info on Sarah Clawson Patton. Norris Lake covered the area of Straight Branch Hollow where they lived. Jahue and Lillie Lynch Clawson are buried in Braden's Cemetery in Blue Spring Hollow. I have been trying to find where the Clawsons came from for a long time.
Please email me Direct at: sunnykygirl7214@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions