Search for content in message boards

Locke's of Newfoundland

Locke's of Newfoundland

Zabrina (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2000 5:57PM GMT
I am looking for any info on Locke's in Newfoundland. Some of my known relative's include: David Havlock Locke, Annie Walters Locke, Chesley Heber Locke, Lillian Princeline Locke, Albert Edward Locke, David Henry Locke and Mary Elizabeth Locke. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Locke's of Newfoundland

Brenda Dobson (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2000 4:59AM GMT
Where in Newfoundland is your Locke family from? I have ancestors from Tizzard's Harbour, Green Bay, Newfoundland. My Great-Great Grandfather was Thomas Locke who married Annie Stuckless October 23, 1856 in Moreton's Harbour. They had 9 children:
Alexander; Elizabeth (d. Nov. 21, 1927 m. John Diamond); Emma; Joseph; Maude; Naomi; Pearce; Thomas Jr.; and Amelia Jane b Oct. 16, 1858 in Tizzard's Harbour, d. Nov. 29, 1939 in Jackson's Arm.

Amelia Jane married John Ford Sept. 15, 1880 in Twillingate. Amelia John are my Great Grandparents.

Lockes of Newfoundland

Susan Erickson (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 10:55PM GMT
My great-grandmother was Phoebe Locke Wiseman of Newfoundland. she was born in june of 1855 and died in June of 1942. Her father and grandfather were both named John. Two other Lockes in Newfoundland married Wiseman relatives. They were Fred Locke who married Olive Wiseman and Jeannette Locke who married Frederick G. Wiseman. None of the names seem to be the same, but it helps to have more names from the same community. Maybe we should check out the censuses and see if there are any bothers and sisters here.

Newfoundland Lockes

Susan Erickson (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 10:57PM GMT
Brenda- I should have mentioned. The Lockes in my family are almost all from Little Bay Islands, Green Bay, Newfoundland. Pretty close. There might be a connection somewhere.

Locke's in NFLD

Z. Squies (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2000 12:46PM GMT
I am looking precisely for info on William Locke b: Abt 1848, d: June 1932. He was married to Patience ?? b: Abt 1849, d: Sept 6 , 1911. They had 3 Children named Charlie, Albert and David Havlock Locke. David Havlock Locke b: 21 Aug 1875, d: 11 mar 1952; was married to Charlotte Leonard b: 28 Jan 1885, d: 12 Mar 1972. They had 6 Children named Annie Walters Locke, Chesley Heber Locke, Lillian Princeline Locke, Albert Edward Locke, David Henry Locke, and Mary Elizabeth Locke. He had also been married to a Sarah Tobin d: 10 Sept 1907 and they had 3 children named Gertrude Isabella Locke, Frederick Locke and William Locke. I only have one location for one of these people which is Lockston, Trinity Bay, NFLD. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

locke family of tizzard's harbout

Posted: 15 Oct 2000 1:05PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2002 2:06AM GMT
My grandfather is Robert Locke from Tizzard's Harbour, NFLD. My mothers name is Rita (Locke) Lind. Any information for me?
Posted: 15 Oct 2000 1:09PM GMT
My Mother's grandfather was Phoebe Wisemans brother. His name was Titus Locke. If you wish to contact me, please do so.
Posted: 15 Oct 2000 1:10PM GMT
My Mother's grandfather was Phoebe Wisemans brother. His name was Titus Locke. If you wish to contact me, please do so.

Locke Family of Tizzard's Harbour

Brenda Dobson (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2000 3:40AM GMT
I don't have any information for you off hand as I really don't have a great deal on the Locke Family. My great great grandfather was Thomas Locke who married Annie Stuckless. Witnesses to their marriage were B. Stuckless and James Locke. Thomas and Annie married Oct. 23, 1856 in Moreton's Harbour. They had at least 9 children, the youngest that I have being Amelia Jane Locke who married James Ford (my great grandparents).
I don't know if Thomas had any brothers or sisters or who his parents were.

Re: Locke's of Newfoundland

Posted: 25 Feb 2002 2:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Locke Joyce
It has been a long time since your post but David Havlock Locke was my grandfather. He married Jessie L. Joyce of Carbonaire, Newfoundland and moved to the Boston area sometime in the 1920s. I could supply dates and additional details if anyone is interested.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions