Search for content in message boards

Decendants of Vice President Daniel D. Tompkins

Decendants of Vice President Daniel D. Tompkins

Posted: 25 Jun 2009 5:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tompkins, Thompkins
My name is PJ Thompkins and i recently found out that my Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather was vice president Daniel D. Tompkins. I'm looking for some of his children and connecting the dots.

Re: Decendants of Vice President Daniel D. Tompkins

Posted: 2 Nov 2010 11:04PM GMT
my name is Andrew Hart Tompkins from lake forest, IL born 05/03/88. decendent of Daniel D. I have a complete family tree tracing him to me. contact me for more information. Put FAMILY HISTORY in the subject box
thisismygemail@gmail.com

Posted: 27 May 2011 11:14PM GMT
I've just recently started doing family research. I have always heard the story that my fathers family is related to Danial Tompkins. I don't know if it's true.

I can trace my family back to 1845 in Tennessee and then it just stops. I intend to keep looking.

Posted: 28 May 2011 1:47AM GMT
my line is in 1850 in TN. THATS where my first mixed ancestor pops up at. Adeline Jones Tompkins was born in NC, and she gave birth to Neuton Tompkins in 1850.

Posted: 4 Sep 2011 7:30PM GMT
Surnames: tompkins,thompkins
adeline came up as my great great grandmother as i was doing the family history as well. can you contact me at ariesrina75@yahoo.com please so that i can connect with you to see what the connection may be. also i understand that daniel was my great 5x removed grandfather....

Posted: 4 Sep 2011 11:32PM GMT
I emailed you about it now.

Posted: 9 Sep 2011 1:10PM GMT
ok thank you i will look at it now and get in touch with you

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 9:27AM GMT
My dad told me that Daniel Tomkins is a ?x great grandfather, he knows more about the family tree than I do, I'll have to check and get specifics but I know I am related. :)

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 10:37PM GMT
My family is a Black one, and has been mixed for several generations.... If you dont mind me asking, what is your ethnicity?

Posted: 15 Nov 2011 11:40AM GMT
I'm white, Blond hair and blue eyes, I take after my moms Norwegian appearance although she is also Irish and Iroquois, my paternal ancestry is comprised of English and German. Tomkins was obviously English, I'll investigate more and let u know what I find.

I understand that it is with Tomkins that you have discovered a mix between black and white ancestry, from this I gather that Tomkins was most likely one of the stereotypical slave owning elite. Its funny how family stories that depict status such as position of VP are handed down through generations but the part about owning slaves is conveniently left out.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic