Search for content in message boards

Irish records

Irish records

Posted: 8 Sep 2007 12:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have discovered that my Great Great Grandparents Denis & Esther Weldon were both from Kildare. So far all my ancestors have been from the same area so this is the first time I've had to look elsewhere - could anyone please point me in the right direction to start looking up Irish records? They were born circa 1830 and by 1851 were in Manchester, where his occupation was listed as Staff Sargeant in the Militia. Thanks very much.

Re: Irish records

Posted: 31 May 2013 12:04AM GMT
Try Kilcock Parish & Town .

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 7:49PM GMT
Look at Griffiths Valuation. The library service for Co Kildare have a genealogical service in Newbridge. Www.kildare.ie

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 3:19AM GMT
My g.g. grandmother was born in 1828 in Kildare. She was Baptized in the Rathangan Kildare parish and we found the records on film at the LDS. That particular film had about 15 years of records on it. On the other side of the family we found Baptism records at the LDS on my Polish ancestors. They are a good source of information.

Posted: 15 Jul 2013 5:53PM GMT
Surnames: Weldon
Hi I have just read your message re:Weldon I am from Leixlip co Kildare and went to school inLucan and there was a Paddy Weldon living in Palmerstown Co. Dublin. Hope this will be helpful I guess he would be in the 68-70 yrs
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions