Search for content in message boards

Samuel James Cox and Susan Cox

Samuel James Cox and Susan Cox

Posted: 23 Dec 2007 3:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cox
am looking for any descendants of my Great-Grandfather Thomas Henry Cox of Ireland,Grandfather Patrick Miles Cox of Kansas and Father Samuel James Cox of California.I am specifically looking for any children from the marriage of my Father Samuel James Cox and a woman named Susan.I do not know anything else about her.This marriage was in California.I have a sister Sandra Lee and half sister Jannie Louise,and half brother Patrick Miles(deceased).My middle name is also Louise.Patrick and Louise are common names in our family.My dad had 19 siblings.
Blessings~Sharon

Re: Samuel James Cox and Susan Cox

Posted: 23 Dec 2007 8:16PM GMT
Can you give me a time frame when these people may have been born? I have CDs with California Birth Records up to 1995.

Posted: 23 Dec 2007 8:28PM GMT
My Father's DOB was April 22 1911-1915(not certain on the year.I imagine Susan was about the same age or perhaps 10-15 years younger.I never knew my Father so having real solid info has been a challenge.Wish I had more info to give you.Thank you Darlene.Hope some of this will help.
Sharon

Posted: 6 Oct 2009 3:20AM GMT
You didn't include any dates, or approximate dates, for anyone in your query. With a common name like Cox, anything that would narrow the playing field would be helpful. So, I looked at your message history and picked up a few clues, and went from there.

1880 census Grant, Jackson Co, KS:

Category: Name; Relationship to head of household; Marital Status; Gender; Race; Age; Birthplace; Occupation; Father's Birthplace; Mother's Birthplace.

Thomas H. COX Self M Male W 47 IRE Farming IRE IRE
Suzana E. COX Wife M Female W 34 NC Housekeeping NC NC
James H. L. COX Son Male W 16 KS Farming IRE NC
David L. COX Son S Male W 13 KS Farming IRE NC
Patrick N. COX Son S Male W 10 KS IRE NC
Franklin P. COX Son S Male W 4 KS IRE NC
Charles W. COX Son S Male W 8M KS IRE NC

On the same page is his father and family:

Thomas H. COX Self M Male W 47 IRE Farming IRE IRE
Suzana E. COX Wife M Female W 34 NC Housekeeping NC NC
James H. L. COX Son Male W 16 KS Farming IRE NC
David L. COX Son S Male W 13 KS Farming IRE NC
Patrick N. COX Son S Male W 10 KS IRE NC
Franklin P. COX Son S Male W 4 KS IRE NC
Charles W. COX Son S Male W 8M KS IRE NC

By 1920 the family is in Trinity Co, CA. You could work on the children in that family, track down when and where some of them died and look for obits. Survivors are often listed and it's also a good way to find married names of female members of the family.

You've posted on the Unknown Texas County, what is the family tie to Texas?

Happy Hunting (^_^)

Posted: 7 Oct 2009 11:10PM GMT
Hello:
If I had specific dates I would have included them. LOL But I believe the union between my dad Sam and this woman Susan was somewhere between his divorce from Bertie May Groves(my half siblings mom) in the early 1950's(I think)and and his marriage to my mom(Doris Mae Spencer-Conner) in 1961.With my dad's philandering ways I am almost certain there are other siblings to be found.:-)As to the Texas connection I believe that a branch of my dad's side moved from Kansas to Texas.So this is what info I have to assist you.Not much to go on I know which is why it is such an enigma to me,and a frustrating one to be sure.Thank you and bless you for your assistance.~Sharon

Posted: 31 May 2010 7:08PM GMT
I believe my dad's DOB was April 22 1911 but have no info on Susan.They would have been married before 1945 I think.I am not even sure the DOB on my dad is correct as he was a scoundrel.Thanks so much~Sharon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic