Search for content in message boards

Any help very much appreciated on ERNEST CHARLES TAYLOR b1880

Any help very much appreciated on ERNEST CHARLES TAYLOR b1880

Posted: 22 Nov 2012 7:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: TAYLOR, HODGE
would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give to find further information on Ernest Charles Taylor.

I have many records for him up until 1911 then the trail goes completely dead. I'm looking for any info POST 1911 on either him or his child Mary Winifred Taylor.

Info I have so far is as follows:

Ernest Charles Taylor
b Sept 1880, Leatherhead, Surrey
1909 Marriage in Watford, Hertfordshire to Gertie Winifred Hodge (see below)
1911 Residence in Leatherhead, Occupation Gardener, wife Gertie child Mary Winifred (see below)

Gertie Winifred Taylor (wife of Ernest) nee Hodge
b 1987 Radlett Herts
d 1937 Uckfield Sussex

Mary Winifred Taylor (Daughter of Ernest and Gertie)
b 1911, Campsea Ashe

I would dearly love to find any info on Ernest - war, death, anything as I cannot find a thing post 1911

I would also like to find information on the marriage, death or children of his daughter Mary Winifred Taylor. I cannot find anything for her post 1911 either at present.

I realise that a copy of Gertie's death certificate will be useful and I plan to get one ASAP but in the meantime my record searches are drawing blanks and more blanks!

Thanks for any help - I've been working on this for years.

Re: Any help very much appreciated on ERNEST CHARLES TAYLOR b1880

Posted: 23 Nov 2012 3:59AM GMT
Surnames: taylor symons drummond brown carter dunstall
hi donot know if they are my taylors ,but try ,LATER DAY SAINTS > GENEOLOGY OR WIKI GENEOLOGY ALSO GOOGLE OR BING SEARCHES THESE ARE ALL FREE. my grt gran mary symons married william taylor in victoria australia. hope this helps you june marie carter

Posted: 23 Nov 2012 1:47PM GMT
Hi,

I have found the death of his wife Gertie in 1937. The attached probate entry shows that Ernest was still alive and living in East Grinstead. Also their daughter Mary was mentioned as being the wife of Charles Peterson.

Hope this helps

Mike Downes
Attachments:

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 11:00AM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, Petersen, Hodge
Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for finding that for me.I was really pleased to find Ernest was still alive and working as a Gardener. The next step will be to find his grandchildren!

I don't know much about Probate records. £1214 seems quite a lot of money in those days!?

Many thanks again,

Jen

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 5:50PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, Petersen
Hi Jen,

My mother was born a Taylor hence my interest.

For info Mary's husband's surname was Petersen according to their marriage entry. Also found the birth entry for Charles, see attached. Sorry no further news on Ernest Taylor.
Regards

Mike D
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic