Search for content in message boards

Death/Burial Records for Alfred, Prescott, Ontario

Death/Burial Records for Alfred, Prescott, Ontario

Posted: 30 Sep 2010 1:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Martineau, Cusson
Is there someone who could tell me where to find Death/Burial records in Prescott, Ontario, for 1860 ?
Am looking for a Death record for Tharsile(Martineau)Cusson.
She died about 1860, possibly Alfred.

Re: Death/Burial Records for Alfred, Prescott, Ontario

Posted: 1 Oct 2010 6:35PM GMT
St-Victor d'Alfred wasn't established until 1871. The only parishes active in 1860 in Prescott were L'Orignal, Curran, and St-Eugene.
Civil registrations didn't start until 1869. Seemingly, as she was French, she would also be Catholic, but one doesn't necessarily follow the other :) I've been checking through the Drouin images (which are indexed) but I'm not finding her, even with first name only searches (Tharsile/Tarsile), nor last name only searches (Martineau, Martino). The priests usually entered women by the maiden name, but I'll check Cusson as well. Will repost if/when I find it

Tiffany

Posted: 9 Dec 2010 11:06PM GMT
Surnames: Cusson/ Martineau
I am wondering if you can be any help to my search. I am looking for Joseph Pachal Cusson who may be a son of Barnabe Cusson and Tharsile Martineau. He was married to Delina Poirier dit Desloges. I am specifically looking for Joseph and Delina's marriage certificate and of course confirmation that Barnabe was his father.

If you can be of any assistance, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Samantha

Posted: 10 Dec 2010 11:05AM GMT
Samantha
Barnabe and Tharsile had a son named Paschal born and baptised 24 Mar 1842 at St-Lin, QC. He was named after his godfather, Paschal Ethier (his godmother was Celeste Guilbau[lt]).

Another researcher has their marriage at Hull, QC on 1 Oct 1866. Not sure where he got his information, since Notre-Dame-de-Grace, the main church in Hull, was opened in 1886.

I'll do some more poking to see if I can't find that date at another church

Tiffany

Posted: 10 Dec 2010 11:18AM GMT
Here they are in the 1900 census in Kensington, Wright, QC

Cusson Joseph M Head M Mar 24 1843 58
Cusson Delima F Wife M Oct 1 1842 58
Cusson Asilda F Daughter S Feb 25 1874 27

The year of birth is off by one, but that's not uncommon. The day/month is the same, so I'd be confident in saying he is the same Paschal born to Barnabe and Tharsile.

Posted: 10 Dec 2010 12:35PM GMT
Surnames: Cusson
My Pascal Cusson son of Barnabe Cusson & Tharsile Martineau was born 24 March 1842 St. Lin ou Les Laurentides,
Co, L'Assomption, Que. Ca. Doesn't sound like the same one.

Posted: 10 Dec 2010 1:31PM GMT

When I started researching 3 months ago I had only the names of my immediate grandparents. Fortunately, with the Drouin Collection, it's been quite easy to research the Andre Lafontaine side. The last mystery is the Cusson side. I have found census reports on him from 1891 onward, so have all Joseph and Delima's children confirmed. The first (Marie Melina) was born in 1870 in Gracefield so of course I looked through the earlier years searching for marriage cert to no avail. I have seen the st. lin certificate but am unsure without the marriage. There are quite a few of the children's names that are the same as Barnabe's which led me to believe perhaps it is the same..especially Marie Tharsile (1880-1882). For a bit more information: My great grandfather is Joseph Philias Cusson (b:1899). His father was Joseph Cusson (b:1872 in Gracefield). His marriage certificate has Joseph and Delima listed, which is where I am stuck.

I too looked at Hull and found the same. Where were they married? Delima was born in St. Augustin, so I also checked there but nothing yet. I do appreciate the assistance as maybe someone else's eyes will find what i'm missing. I appreciate your efforts, Tiffany! At 38, it is a real pleasure finally discovering my roots!

Thanx all
Samantha Lafontaine

Posted: 13 Aug 2011 1:29AM GMT
I have the church birth registry for Paschal Cusson. You will see that Barnabe and Tharsile were his parents.

Is that what you want?

Jean-Pierre Cusson
Attachments:

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 3:45AM GMT
Barnabe Cusson (Jean Baptiste / Angelique Huneau)
Tharsile Martineau (Ambroise / late Judith Cadot)
married in St-Esprit, Montcalm County, Qc, Canada
13 October 1840

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 4:00AM GMT
What I am actually needing is the marriage record of my Joseph Pascal Cusson to Delima Poirier dit Desloges in order to confirm that my Cusson is actually Barnabe and Tharsile's son. Joseph Pascal is my great great great grandfather. Any help would be appreciated.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions