Search for content in message boards

Jacob Taylor (b 1743, Rev. War POW) and Nancy Green

Jacob Taylor (b 1743, Rev. War POW) and Nancy Green

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 6:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I'm looking for any information I could get about Jacob Taylor (b. ~1743 in North/South Carolina) and Nancy Green, his wife (see below). They had 2 daughters; Mary (b. 1789) and Christina (b. 1807). Below is the Revolutionary War info I have on him.

From the Taylor papers: Jacob "enlisted in the 10th Regiment Capt. Hadley's Co. in 1782 and served 18 months. He was taken prisoneer of war and sent ot Halifax, Nova Scotia and afterwards exchanged. He married Nancy Green, an only daughter of one of the Governor's Staff of Nova Scotia. He was given a grant of 300 acres of land at Lot 56 Grand River, PEI, on November 9, 1800. Said land was laid off for American refugees and disbanded soldiers."

Any information about either Jacob or Nancy would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Jacob Taylor (b 1743, Rev. War POW) and Nancy Green

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 8:14PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor
Hi,

I have quite a bit of info for Jacob as I first thought he was one of my ancestors that I am searching from the same area. I live in Prince Edward Island and grew up not far from Grand River, Lot 56 where my Taylor also settled.

However, I'm wondering if there were two Jacob Taylors. I have Muster Roll of 1783 that states Jacob was a refugee from South Carolina, age 22 which makes him much younger than this Jacob. Also wondering where the 'Taylor Paper' you mentioned are located? Jacob and Nancy had at least 10 children.

I remember seeing information about Jacob Taylor who was a soldier but he was much older than the Jacob of PEI so I didn't record any of the information. I believe it was on a site about the American Revolution.

Hope to hear from you.

Marlene MacKinnon

Re: Jacob Taylor (b 1743, Rev. War POW) and Nancy Green

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 4:45PM GMT
Thanks Marlene!

You know, I got this information from my grandmother's genealogical research, but taking another look at it, I'm not so sure about how accurate her information on Jacob Taylor and Nancy Green is. I haven't been able to find a verification on her information about Mary's parents.

I AM 100% sure that Mary Taylor's parents were named Jacob and Nancy (both from PEI) and that Mary was born in 1789.

If you could send me any of the information that you gathered about Jacob (and Nancy, if you have any), that would be great. Its one part of my family genealogy that is sadly lacking.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic