Search for content in message boards

William Moore of Pitt Co. NC & Tattnall Co. GA

William Moore of Pitt Co. NC & Tattnall Co. GA

Posted: 7 Sep 2010 12:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
William Moore of Pitt Co. NC born about 1799, died about June 1880 in Tattnall Co. GA. Married 1st Mary Ann Delelegal, married 2nd Mary E. "Polly" Martin.

William appears to be son of Caleb and Eunice Briley (Braley) Moore both of Pitt Co. NC.

Re: William Moore of Pitt Co. NC & Tattnall Co. GA

Posted: 7 Sep 2010 3:12PM GMT
I have a narrative written by a cousin on the family of Caleb Moore and Eunice Briley. Happy to send it to you.
Its about 50 pages long.

Can you send me your e address?

I'm Rhodenccc at yahoo.com

Cheryl Rhoden

Posted: 10 Sep 2010 12:15PM GMT
Is there any reference to a John Moore born in GA about 1838 in that narrative?

thanks for any help

Posted: 10 Sep 2010 1:55PM GMT
No mention of a John Moore born in GA about 1838. This narrative is mostly about John Moore (1790-1867) son of Caleb Moore.

The William Moore I posted migrated from North Carolina according to census records. I am not sure he was from Pitt County, NC.
Cordially,
Richard C.

Posted: 10 Sep 2010 3:15PM GMT
Surnames: Moore
The narrative does mention John Jr. born in 1832 in GA.

cheryl rhoden

Posted: 10 Sep 2010 3:28PM GMT
That is very interesting do you know what John Seniors name was? We have no background on the John Moore we are researching except his father supposedly was born in GA and may have been John D Moore. Our John Moore is quite a mystery. We found a marriage in LA about 1860 and a census in AR 1880 and that is all we have for him birth dates are sometimes entered wrongly on the censuses. Our John's first son was named William.

Posted: 10 Sep 2010 3:45PM GMT
Surnames: Moore/O'Steen/Copeland
John Jr. married Narcissis (sp?) Copeland. His father was John Moore m Nancy O'Steen. I have been in touch with a descendant of John Jr. John Jr. died in the CW.

I do not have a middle initial for John Jr.'s father John Moore. John Moore son of Caleb had a brother named William. The narrative has some info on him. Not a lot.Happy to send you the narrative.
e me at rhodenccc at yahoo.com Cheryl
per page

Find a board about a specific topic