Search for content in message boards

steinkraus

steinkraus

liz (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2005 2:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Steinkraus
Looking for information on Gottfried Steinkraus, wife Henriette.Came to U.S.A. in about 1868-1870. Sons Godfrey,August, and Charles came also.....not all at the same time. Lived near Kolobrezeg at Rossenthin.

Re: steinkraus

T. Walotka (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2006 1:15AM GMT
My family goes back to Gottlieb and Friedrike Steinkraus who came to the US in 1866 and settled in Wisconsin. They too originated from the Colberg (Kolberg) region of Prussia. Might our earliest ancestors to emmigrate to the US have been related? The arrived in the US through the Port of New York and traveled and settled in Manchester, Wisconsin.

Anything we might have in common? More to share? Our family is aware of Steinkraus' that settled in Wisconsin and Minnesota, but not Michigan. Would love to know more.

Re: jan 2006 post

Elizabeth(liz)Miesner (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2006 12:03PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jun 2006 1:53PM GMT
Surnames: gottlieb
The Jan 2006 reply? This posted info was not from Liz Miesner. My family comes from Gottfried and Henriette. I met the Gottlieb family at the MN reunion.

Re: Rossenthin

Posted: 13 Jul 2007 8:06PM GMT
Hello,

I cme from Rossenthin from Poland. I am looking for some information about this vilage and the history. I live in old school. maybe you have some information about it

Posted: 15 Jul 2007 8:26PM GMT
I don't have any information about Rossenthin other than my great grandfather Steinkraus came from there to the U.S.I will be there this Sept. to see if there are any records......maybe church or cemetary.

Posted: 15 Sep 2007 3:39PM GMT
I'm pretty sure that Rossenthin was in part of Bismark's huge estate in the late-1800's. My father's mother was born there.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic