Search for content in message boards

Lasters of Georgia & Mississippi

Lasters of Georgia & Mississippi

Posted: 3 Apr 2002 5:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Apr 2002 10:12PM GMT
I'm looking for anyone related to a Rubin Laster. He had two separate families in Atlanta, Georgia and Forest & Morton, Mississippi. His children were named (in Georgia): Ben, Jim, Elix, Callie, Mary, Missie and Albert Lee. His children from Mississippi were named: Essie, Million, Marie, Jannie, Levon, Levi, Alvin, Albert, Al, Tob (or Tom), Eli, Otha, Alice, Katherine, Carrie, Lizzie, Nancy, Ruth Ann, Walter, "Sis", Early William, and Missy. Essie had a daughter named Verceteen Elmore and a son named Shredrick. Alvin was living in Belzoni, MS. Albert lived in AR for a while. Ben had a son named Oscar, who's daughter, Allee Potts, was living in Milwaukee. Elix had a relative named Libby Foster. Walter had 5 kids (Ardellia, Idell, J.C., R.C., and A.G.) Early had 9 kids (Kallie, Pat, Homer, Quarie, Margaret, Mary, Atlas, Nancy, and Annie). Any information anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. Any and all relatives are encouraged to write soon! Thank you.

Re: Lasters of Georgia & Mississippi

Posted: 21 Apr 2002 2:27PM GMT
I think we are in the same family my grandfather is Albert Lee Laster who was born in Jackson, Mississippi and he has a brother named Otha,Charles, Bill Hoarse Laster and Percy and a sister named Annie Mae. There parents were Ben Laste and Callie Solcum which she also went by the name Blackwell too. Albert was born on the 21st of September in 1928, and died the 26th of August of 1982 in Ann Arbor, Michigan

Tabetha Banks (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2002 2:37AM GMT
Kimberly, I think you might be right...we probably are in the same family. My grandfather had an uncle named Albert Lee who was born in Mississippi and an uncle named Otha. Was Albert Lee your grandfather or your great grandfather? From your message and information that I have, my grandfather had an uncle named Ben, but the only thing I have on Ben is that he had two kids (a boy named Oscar and a girl named Allee). Now there was another set of Lasters in Georgia by my great great grandfather and among those children was a Ben, a Callie, and an Albert Lee. I'm trying to understand your message...your grandfather, Albert Lee, had 4 brothers and 1 sister, right? And Ben and Callie was the parents of those 5 kids? I'm just trying to get the names down so I can get a better picture. I will have to do some research about Charles, Percy, Bill, and Annie Mae. But I do hope that I've found a connection with you. Please keep in touch and let me know if you find anything else. And I'll do the same. Take care...
Tabetha
P.S. Where do you live now?

Posted: 28 Apr 2002 2:53AM GMT
Edited: 22 Sep 2002 6:38PM GMT
Albert Laster is my grandfather and my father name is Roy Lee Laster who was born in Monroe, Michigan. By my records Callie was Ben's wife and her maiden name was Solcum. My grandfather did have 4 brothers and 1 sister and from what i know his sister is still living in Morton, Mississippi, and from my records her last name is Qualls now and Ben and Callie where the parents of 6 childern counting my grandfather Albert. And I will keep in touch with you and I am in Ypsilanti, Michigan. you can also email me at ladthendrix@comcast.net . I have always lived in Michigan. Where are you at?

Tabetha Banks (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2002 12:50AM GMT
Kim, I will do some more research for both of us. We do have Lasters in Morton, MS. And they all stem from the same person, Great Greatgrandpa Rue. He had two sets of kids (in Morton and in Forest). And from what I'm told, we do have family in Michigan. I'll try to find out more this weekend. I'll definitely keep in touch. I'm in Oxnard, California. You can e-mail me at tab_earl@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you soon...and I'll let you know what I find out.
Tabetha

Posted: 4 May 2002 2:38AM GMT
Edited: 22 Sep 2002 6:38PM GMT
Tabetha, I have some of their addresses and I sent my cousins mother some papers and they never sent them back one of their names is Fronnie Laster and she is in Morton she has a son named Anthony and Robert that live up here in Michigan and she has kids down there in Morton, Mississippi her Husband name was Bill Hoarse Laster which was my grandfathe Albert Lee Laster's brother

Gloria Laster Jackson (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2004 2:44AM GMT
My father was Luther Laster. He had a twin brother named Otha. I knew Albert and Roy Laster. I know their children. Albert's children are in Ypsilanti, MI. Roy's family is in Morton MS. His wife is Fronnie. Albert was married twice and was the father of approximately 28 children.

Gloria Laster JAckson (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2004 2:47AM GMT
My great grandfather was George Laster who was from GA. My great grandmother was Martha Laster who was a midwife in MS.

Posted: 14 Sep 2004 12:02AM GMT
Well my great grandfather was from Georgia and moved to Mississippi. His name was Charles Laster sometimes called Charlie. I only know one of his brothers name Joe Laster. You can email me at diedrell@hotmail.com

Posted: 14 Jun 2013 6:44PM GMT
Tab hey holla your cuzn still lives in jersey
per page

Find a board about a specific topic