Search for content in message boards

Help Identifying Regiment and time period of this uniform

Help Identifying Regiment and time period of this uniform

Posted: 14 Jul 2012 1:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pratschler
Hello,

This photo is of my great grandfather Josef Pratschler who was born in Isztimér, Fejér, Hungary in 1886 and immigrated to the US in 1902.

Can someone please tell me if this uniform is an Austro-Hungarian army uniform and if so, what division/regiment, service period, etceteras. NOTE: This photo was taken once he was already in the US.

Any insight provided is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!
Kathy Werheim
Attachments:

Re: Help Identifying Regiment and time period of this uniform

Posted: 3 Aug 2012 2:54PM GMT
Kathy,
It is not clear what this uniform is. You indicate that Josef was born in 1886 and immigrated to the US in 1902. So, he would have only been 16 when he left Hungary. He may have been a cadet or attended a military school. But he would have been too young to be a regular soldier. Young men could be cadets around age 16 but the collars on their jackets typically had various embroidery. But I do not see that on his jacket. So, I'm not sure what this uniform is.
CK

Re: Help Identifying Regiment and time period of this uniform

Posted: 3 Aug 2012 3:44PM GMT
Surnames: Pratschler
Thank you for your reply it was very informative. I never thought about the possibility of a military school or being a cadet.

Kathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions