Search for content in message boards

Looking for Grunauer Family + Sauter

Looking for Grunauer Family + Sauter

Posted: 15 Dec 2007 3:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Grunauer, Grünauer, Gruenauer
I am looking for info on the family of Franz Grunauer (Spelling from death certificate with umlauted first "u" - other records may show Gruenauer) (Burger of the City of Vienna.) (Died 8 November 1950 and buried in the Ottakringer Cemetery)Family: Dir. Franz Grunauer (sohn), Maria Grunauer (gattin), Maria Grunauer (tochter), Friederike Grunauer (schwiegertochter).

Re: Looking for Grunauer Family + Sauter

Posted: 17 Jan 2008 11:27AM GMT
Hi,

Grünauer / Gruenauer is not an uncommon name in Austria. The online phone directory has 55 of them just in Vienna. See www.herold.at (English language option). Also some with a first name of Franz or even Maria ...

You can find more information re. search options in Vienna on our "Board Information" page (righthand side menu on our site).

Tilman

Posted: 17 Jan 2008 11:29AM GMT
Hi,

I forgot to ask for the Sauter relation you mentioned:

Do you have more info on any of these Sauters? In Vienna? My mother-in-law and her brother are Sauters ...

Tilman

Posted: 2 Jun 2012 1:20AM GMT
Im looking for Grünauer/Gruenauer. My great-great-grandpa was Ludwig who married Magdelyna Walner and immigrated to the USA. They had 3 children; Martha, Ludwig F and Francis. All of which are deceased. If you have any information on where I can look farther that would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
~Melissa

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 4:16AM GMT
My great grandmother immigrated to America from Vienna in 1907. She was Anna Trval. Her mother was Rosa Walner. Ludwig was her uncle and she lived with him in 1920 (shows on the census) in Erie PA. Also, Ludwig was given money by Steven Trval when he came to America (says on the immigration documentation from Ellis Island- and was his brother in law). I've been looking for info too. I have heard from past stories that the family had a jewelry store on the Walner side. Not sure if this is true or what. Still looking for evidence of this.

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 7:09PM GMT
Oh wow!! So we are related. I never met Anna but I've heard stories of her!

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 1:16PM GMT
That is great to hear. Anything you have let me know. I'm still trying to peice together things about her.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic