Search for content in message boards

Robert McCauley and Margaret Madden - Jane McCauley

Robert McCauley and Margaret Madden - Jane McCauley

Posted: 19 Mar 2011 11:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McCauey, Kearns
I am looking for a birth record, marriage record and death record for a Jane McCauley from North Plantagenet. I believe that her parents were a Robert McCauley (1801-1867)and Margeret Madden (1807-1886)..from County Antrim, Ireland. Jane would have been born around 1825 likely in either Curran or North Plantagenet. She married a John Carson Kearns in around 1844 and had William Kearns, Alice Kearns and Peter Kearns before dying around 1850 or 1851. I cannot locate a marriage record or a death record. I can see the birth records of her children in Curran Ontario, however, no marriage record or death record, nor cemetery records...Does anyone have any information on Jane McCauley or either of her parents ?
Thanks !
Jaime

Re: Robert McCauley and Margaret Madden - Jane McCauley

Posted: 20 Mar 2011 3:01PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: KEARNS
MAYBE

Name: John Carson Kearns
SON OF JOHN KEARNS, ENGLAND - LIEUTENANT IN HER MAJESTYS SIXTY ... REGIMENT OF FOOT AND ALICE, HIS WIFE
BORN AUG 19 & BAPTISED 13 OCTOBER
Event Year: 1817-1821
Event: Naissance (Birth)
Religion: Anglican
Place of Worship or Institution: Québec (Anglican) (Québec (Garrison))
Province: Québec (Quebec)

Posted: 1 Jun 2011 9:51AM GMT
I have Maddens in my tree - my Mable Madden came from Tannaghmore Co Antrim near Randalstown - quite a few there. Links to Cairns/Kearns somehow. Your request unfortunately is for records very far back - will keep you in mind. my family also linked to Barrs Palmers and McGarrys.

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 2:47PM GMT
Hello,

The McCauley's were early settlers in Prescott County. They settled in "Centrefield". Other early settlers with them were Darragh, McKinley, McCrank, Beggs. They were settlers from County Antrim, Ireland.A description can be found in Cyrus Thomas "History of counties Argenteuil and prescott". here's a link.

http://archive.org/stream/historyprescott00thomuoft#page/628...

There was no catholic parish until one was built in Curran. the early settlers had to go to Montebello, PQ. I have had success finding Darragh info in these parish records. they are part of the Drouin collection on Ancestry.CA.

You might find some leads on Madden in the book below:

"Emigrant Fathers Native Sons,Shane Family of Prescott County,Ontario,Canada 1817-1990"
Author,Publisher:Katherine Madden Adamson

hope this helps

Robyn Stewart

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions