Search for content in message boards

Halhead - Kendal, Westmorland

Posted: 17 Feb 2010 3:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Halhead
Hello

I am looking for family that may be tied to the name Halhead in the Kendal area.

My ancestors names are Eleanor Halhead and her father William Halhead. Eleanor was born in 1793 to William and Elizabeth.

There are two possible birth records that "could" fit into her father William both around the time of 1760-1770. That is if he is originally from Kendal. The descendants of William and Elizabeth stayed in this area for quite some time.

Is anyone aware of these families or has them tied into their researchers??

Regards
Ky-Lee
Qld, Australia

Posted: 11 Mar 2010 9:47AM GMT
Hi,
Have you tried the National Archives? Records Office in Kendal is also helpful as is familysearch.org Try google too.
Eric

Re: Halhead - Kendal, Westmorland

Posted: 20 Mar 2010 9:44AM GMT
Have you tried searching for a burial record, with age at date of death?

If not, you may wish to try the South Westmorland Burial Index.

Posted: 27 Jul 2010 7:04PM GMT
Surnames: Halhead, Almond, Machin, Grinell, Banks, Garvey
I am researching my Family Tree, Halhead was my maiden name.
My Gr Gr Grandfather Peter Halhead 1652, married an Eleanor Almond in 1871. The whole Halhead Family lived in Lancashire and Westmoreland. Eventually some of them moved down to Staffordshire. My Father was Albert Thomas Halhead, his father was Thomas Halhead, and his father was Peter as above mentioned. Eleanor died young and Peter married Mary Garvey, quite soon after and had another family.
I don't know if this is any help, if you have any questions please contact me at vsschopp@shaw.ca.

Veronica Halhead Schopp

Posted: 6 Jul 2011 1:38AM GMT
I am friends with a man called lee halhead for a lot of years and no that he has a lot of family from kendal who he visits.

I stumbled across this and probably wont be back on here.

my number iz 07790642309

Posted: 24 Nov 2011 11:37AM GMT
Hello Ky-Lee,
My husbands family are Halheads from Kendal and I have Eleanor 1793, daughter of William & Elizabeth on our tree.She married Thomas B.Bingham and had, Agnes 1814,Betty 1816,Margaret 1821,Eleanor 1823,William 1827 & James 1831.

If this is also your family, please contact me at :-
wynford@ymail.com

There is a very interesting story to tell about Eleanor and her journey to Van Dieman's Land.

I still live in Kendal and it appears I may be able to help you.

Regards
Pat

Posted: 25 Nov 2011 2:01PM GMT
Surnames: Halhead; Fell
I wonder if any of you who have Halheads in your ancestors have any family members with the surname FELL?
The reason I ask is that one of my 4 times great grandfathers was called Halhead Fell [1758-1826], son of John Fell, christened at Crosthwaite & Lythe in Westmorland 8 Mar 1758 and lived in Urchinrigg, Heversham.
I haven't found a marriage of Halhead's parents so I don't know his mother's name. I'm guessing Halhead's father, John, would have been born circa 1735 and married circa 1756.
As Halhead is an unusual first name I am assuming one of his ancestors had the surname Halhead.

Posted: 21 Dec 2011 3:01PM GMT
Hi.
I am a "Halhed". My Father's name was Basil Maurice Halhed and great grandfather was Richmond Beauchamp Halhed. My first cousin, Basil, has put together a most amazing Halhed family site. You will get lots of information on the family on this site, www.halhed.com. The "Fells" are mentioned here if you click into the surnames on the site. Good luck,
Valerie

Posted: 21 Dec 2011 3:03PM GMT
Hi Ky-Lee,
I am a "Halhed". Just in case you have not come upon it you should look on the amazing family web site my cousin, Basil, put together, www.halhed.com. You will get lots of information on this that will interest you.

Good luck,
Valerie

Posted: 22 Dec 2011 1:50PM GMT
Surnames: Fell; Halhead
Valerie
I've had a quick look at the Halhead Family website but the earliest Fell recorded there seems to be Samuel George Fell born circa 1829 Ulverston.
I have a Halhead Fell born circa 1758 in Heversham, Westmorland so I'm looking for a Fell marrying a Halhead pre 1760.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions