Search for content in message boards

robert caldwell descendents, 1800

robert caldwell descendents, 1800

gerald w. caldwell (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2003 6:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Caldwell
Looking for information on family of Robert Caldwell from Newberry, South Carolina around 1800. They originally settled on a piece of property given thru the headright system next to Dudley Creek off the Saluda River. His wife is Jennett Chambers. Children are Robert, James, Mary, Pressley Dickson, John, Abagail, Joseph. His son William went to Pontotoc, MS. If you are a member of this family, please respond.

Re: robert caldwell descendents, 1800

Vicki Caldwell (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2003 3:31AM GMT
My ggg grandfather was Robert Caldwell b. about 1796 in Newberry SC. I do not have any info before that time so I don't know if they are the same family. Please e-mail me at nephrateri@aol.com if you think they might be the same family.

Thanks,
Vicki

Debra Evetts (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2004 4:01AM GMT
hello my name is Randy Evetts my ggg grandfather was Robert Caldwell too. And he is also born in Newberry County, South Carolina around the year of 1796. I have been doing research on the family for years. Have you found out anything on Native Americans in the family? We have heard that there is Native Americans but we don't know for sure. If there is any way we can help, you can just email my wife (Debra) at freebird62922@yahoo.com . Mary and Raymond are buried in Johnson County, Illinois and we live in Williamson County, Illinois.

Our family tree is:

My parents are Howard Evetts and Opal Segars.
Howard's parents is Mary Caldwell and Raymond Evetts.
Mary's parents is Robert William Caldwell and Arista Caroline
Rushing.
Robert's parents is John Caldwell and Martha Pittman.
John's parents is Robert T. Caldwell and Linna Jebolt.

Posted: 18 Jun 2004 4:23PM GMT
Edited: 27 Dec 2004 4:08PM GMT
I just ran across your message. I am a descendant of the Robert Caldwell you are researching. My gg grandfather was Joseph, the youngest son of Robert and Jennett Dickson. Their children were James, William, Mary. Presley Dickson, Abigail, John, Jennett, Robert, and Joseph. Most of them came to Mississippi in the great migration of the mid 1840's. I have quite a lot of info on this family. The only possible conflict I see in your message is Robert's wife, you have her as a Chambers and I have her as a Dickson. Please contact me.
Thanks, Rudy Caldwell

Posted: 27 Oct 2006 2:16PM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2006 1:03PM GMT
I have my ancestor's estate papers for David Braswell and on them is a William Caldwell of Newberry SC dated 1782, is this your ancestor?

Thanks,
Kay Braswell Dawson

Robert J. Caldwell (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 2006 12:14AM GMT
Probably not - looks like most of my Caldwell's went to Western PA and stayed in that area even to this day. We do/did have relatives in the Suffield, CT area (Dr. William Elery Caldwell).
My William (GG Grandfather) lived in the Butler, PA area and died in Kittanning, PA. about 1938.

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 1:26PM GMT
I think this is my family also. I am glad to share information. Ann

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 1:46PM GMT
Ann,
I appreciate you contacting me. you can view my Caldwell data on my website at www.rcaldwellfamily.net
I will be out of town for a couple of days and will not have access to a computer ( going fishing ). I will be back Thursday and look forward to hearing from you and how you are connected to this bunch of Caldwells.
Thanks,
Rudy Caldwell
Tupelo, MS
Lpcrudyc@comcast.net

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions