Search for content in message boards

Henry Moore - Mary Ann Diehl, Beaver PA

Henry Moore - Mary Ann Diehl, Beaver PA

Posted: 19 Jan 2011 5:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moore, Diehl
Looking for any information concerning this family. They are my great great grandparents. Thanks!

Re: Henry Moore - Mary Ann Diehl, Beaver PA

Posted: 20 Jan 2011 8:13PM GMT
Any idea what town they were from in Beaver County?

Posted: 20 Jan 2011 10:07PM GMT
Moores are from Hanover - re: 1860, 1870 & 1880 census. Their daughter Sophia (Moore) Linduff raised my grandfather, Richard A. Moore. One of Henry & Mary Ann's sons is my great grandfather but I'm not sure which one. That is the information I'm after. I'm pretty sure it was NOT Marion or Abraham, so it's either Harry or Robert. Richard's mother was Elizabeth C. Moore. All of Richard's info says he was born in Beaver County 1897, but I requested a birth cert. from Beaver County Courthouse and they said they could not find a Richard A. Moore. Sophia's daughter Elizabeth (Linduff) Slanaker raised my father, Robert A. Moore, for a bit as well. Diehls are from Hookstown/Greene, Beaver. Are you part of the Moore/Diehl family?

Posted: 21 Jan 2011 5:38AM GMT
No I'm not related, but I am from Hanover Twp.
I'll be going over to the library in the next few days. I'll check to see if I can find Robert and Harry Moore in any of the historical indexes.
Did you see all the Moores and Diehls listed on www.findagrave for Hanover, Greene and Hookstown? A few years ago I placed all the veterans and others who passed away in the Hanover/Greene Twp area covered by the death indexes on findagrave.

Posted: 21 Jan 2011 6:06PM GMT
I did find most all the graves, thank you very much for having done that! They're all spread between Bethel United Methodist, Riverview, Old Mill Creek and Mt. Royal. I cannot however find anything on Robert's (b.abt.1850) grave. I have found online and read many "History of Beaver County" books, but what I need is access to marriage records. That could help to tell me which one may have married Elizabeth C.
This line of Moore's goes back to Revolutionary War Capt. Thomas Moore. I know that Henry Moore (Thomas' grandson) is my g.g.grandfather because of family letters.
One thing I find interesting is that this family seems to send their sons off to live/work on relative's farms. Henry (Sr.) and Mary Ann (Diehl) sent all but one of their sons off to live with various Diehls on their farms. Then at the next generation, my grandfather gets sent to live with relatives as well, not his parents. My father is also sent off to live on a relative's farm, but most likely this is because his mother died when he was 2 yrs. old. Perhaps this was common in the day?
Whatever you come across, I greatly appreciate! Thanks!

Posted: 22 Jan 2011 7:25PM GMT
If the Capt Thomas Moore you mentioned is the one buried at Old Mill Creek, he married a Phillis. Most of the Phillis' are buried in Burgettstown. Capt Thomas Moore's wife and father-in-law are buried next to him with no stones. That should be noted on their memorials on findagrave.
When I'm at the library, I'll check the marriage records also.

Posted: 16 Mar 2011 2:01PM GMT
Surnames: MOORE
Just wondering if you ever found anything on their son Harry Moore? He is my great grandfather. Born 1856 in Beaver County, died 1920 in East Liverpool, buried in Riverview Cemetery. Turns out he was an Indian War Vet, 2nd US Cavalry Co. I,stationed in Wyoming. Then came back to Beaver and was a news editor. Then moved to East Liverpool and was a news publisher and school teacher. Somewhere in there he married Elizabeth, prob between 1874 (his discharge) and 1897 (my grandfather's birth) but I cannot find a marriage record.

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 4:01PM GMT
1917 BEAVER COUNTY FARM DIRECTORY

DIEHL HENRY O 2 adult children "Diehl Farm" farmer (corn oats weat ) sells registered Holstein cattle Owns 93 acres rd2 Hookstown Hanover Township.

COUNTY BURIALS 1893-1906
Diehl, George 64 years Dec. 30, 1898 Grove New Brighton

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 4:45PM GMT
1917 COUNTY FARM DIRECTORY

SHANACKER, A. L. (Elizabeth)5 minor children "Linduff" sawmilling (potatoes corn)sells Jersey cattle rents 62.5 acres rd1 Hookstown Hanover township.

Moore , Robert (Eliza) general store sells merchandise owns 2 acrers 2 lots rd2 New Sheffield Raccoon township highway 23

Their are several other Moores, a Paul Moore in Hookstown. I belive that Linduff was the name of the sawmill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic