Search for content in message boards

CANNON FAMILY FROM EAST TENNESSEE

CANNON FAMILY FROM EAST TENNESSEE

AL CANNON (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2005 1:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CANNON
Am looking for relatives of Bartlett Cannon and Bartly R. Cannon from E. Tennessee. Bartlett was married to Jane Cannon and Bartly was married to Sarah Ann Scott. Bartlett moved from Virginia to Jefferson Co., TN and then on to Monroe Co and believed to have emigrated to Texas. He had a son named Robert. All info would be greatly appreciated, these two have been my brick wall and I need to find the relationship connectors between the two.

Re: CANNON FAMILY FROM EAST TENNESSEE

Posted: 29 Jul 2006 2:03AM GMT
Surnames: Cannon
Is your Bartlett Cannon actually a Benjamin Bartlett Cannon? My Cannons aren't related to him but settled in Houston and Anderson Counties in east Texas. Benjamin Bartlett Cannon settled in Alto or Rusk in Cherokee County, Texas. Cherokee County is just north of Houston County. You probably can find a family tree including him somewhere as B. B. Cannon or Benjamin B. Cannon. I think he migrated to Cherokee County, Texas, in about 1846. I think his parents were killed by Indians in Arkansas soon after. He kept a journal.

Marcella

Posted: 18 Apr 2012 6:00PM GMT
Do you know of a Dr. Cannon in east Texas around Camden?

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 8:10PM GMT
I'm aware of a Dr. R. W. Cannon that came to Texas ca 1836.

J. R. Cannon

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 8:19PM GMT
Do you know what part of Texas he went to and anything else about him that might be helpful? Thanks, Donna Edwards 8326300869. Houston, Texas

Posted: 13 Nov 2012 8:31PM GMT
Donna,

When he came to Texas, he settled in the Harrison/Panola Co. area. Not sure when, but he left Texas and moved on to Arkansas where he plied his doctoral trade.

Who are you researching?
jrc

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 7:16PM GMT
Its kind of a strange story. A Dr. named Cannon was practicing medicine in East Texas and had children with his black midwife. The result was at least one child named Frank Radford. His mom's name was Jennie (sp?) Radford (the midwife). The census says Frank Radford and his children were mulatto. This is part of my husbands ancestry, but the information on Dr. Cannon is very limited, and probably would never be connected to these people. So I am just searching for anything that would help. I am thinking my husband's DNA would be a better way to go. By the way, I am caucasian. Thanks for any help you can give me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions