Search for content in message boards

Sarah Elizabeth HICKS

Sarah Elizabeth HICKS

Patt Stanek (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2004 1:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HICKS
Can anyone tell me about this woman or women? On my Cherokee Apps. it states that Archibald FIELDS married Elizabeth Hicks and Alexander McCoy married Sarah Elizabeth Hicks. BUT the App lists the same parents for both women. Was it common for a family to name two daughters the same name?

Re: Sarah Elizabeth HICKS

Posted: 15 Jun 2004 2:51PM GMT
Edited: 11 Sep 2006 3:18PM GMT
Patt
My records of the Hicks family does not list Sarah as "Sarah Elizabeth", but I suppose it is possible that they named two daughters by that name.

I show Elizabeth as the older sister of Sarah (or "Sallie", as the family called her) and both being the daughters of Charles R. and Nancy (Broom) Hicks. Elizabeth was married to Archibald Fields, the son of George Fields and Nancy Brown.

Best

Jerri C.

Patt Stanek (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2004 8:05PM GMT
Jerri, thanks for the reply. I thought I was half way straight but on the 1851 Rolls it lists "Sarah Fields" as living in the household of her daughter-in-law, Elvina McCoy Fields. When if the books are correct is should have been Elizabeth Fields. What makes matters worse is the fact that George W. and Elvina McCoy Fields had a daughter named Sarah Elizabeth Fields (Payne). I am sooooooooooooooo confused. Later, Patt

Carolyn Hill (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2004 12:54PM GMT
Surnames: ARCHER, MOSLEY, DAVIS, MATOY, ROGERS, SONICOOIE, CORDERY
I have Sarah Elizabeth Hicks,b.June 11, 1800 in Georgia
d/o charles Renatus Hicks and Nancy Broom;
m/Alexander McCoy, April 1, 1823 in Brainerd Church, Old CN.
s/o Daniel McCoy and Lucy Fields.
Sarah Elizabeth Hicks is on the 1851 Drennen Roll, 174 Illinois Dist., as Sarah McCoy
Clan: Ani'-Waya = Wolf Clan (Broom)
Education: Spring Place Mission School
RG 75 Entry 545 (Reg) March 19, 1860. 92389,
Wid of Alex McCoy, Service 1814

She was wife # 2 to Alexander. Wife # 1 was Aky Gunter.
Alexander is on the 1835 Census roll: Chickamauga Co., TN.

Sister: Elizabeth Betsy Hicks,b.June 20,1798
is on the 1851 Drennen Roll; Illinois Dist.,102 Betsy Fields
She married Archibald Fields, Dec.5, 1817

Source: James R. Hicks
I am working on the Sanders line, and Sarah Elizabeths' daughter, Elizabeth McCoy, married Ellis Sanders, s/o Alexander Sanders and Peggy Sonicooie.

Patt Stanek (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2004 1:10PM GMT
Carolyn, thank you! Now it suddenly makes since. I was beginning to think this was the same woman who had both families. Patt

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 5:42AM GMT
I think you may have the wrong George Fields, Geroge Fields and Sara Coody was my 4th Great Grandparent and he was never married to a McCoy

Posted: 22 Mar 2014 2:56PM GMT
I saw this post containing Elizabeth Betsy Hicks b 1798 m to Archibald Fields 1817. I wonder if you show her married also to a Matlock? I was told she had a son named Jonathon Joseph Matlock. I have a Matlock line that I am not making much progress on. They seem to all just disappear! Thanks, SEPeterson

Posted: 22 Mar 2014 6:44PM GMT
The Elizabeth Betsy Hicks who was married to Archibald Fields, was never married to a Matlock.
The Betsey Hicks and Rev. Jason Matlock did have a son, named John Milton Matlock. who married Martha Lamira Walker.
Who was your Johnathon Joseph Matlock married to? When and where was he born, died, buried?
You will find many mistakes made on the net.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions