Search for content in message boards

CASCIOLI, CASHOILI, CASHIOLI, Falcone, and Sauro and Anyone this could pertain to...?!?!

CASCIOLI, CASHOILI, CASHIOLI, Falcone, and Sauro and Anyone this could pertain to...?!?!

Posted: 10 Apr 2003 5:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jul 2005 5:21PM GMT
Surnames: Cascioli, Cashoili, Cashioli, Sauro, Falcone
Hello, I am Nicholas Sauro Cashoili, and I was wondering if anyone could go off on this info I have here:

My great-great-grandparents were Dominico Cascioli and Lucy Falcone of Roseto Valfortore, they had 3 children, Nicolas, Dominco Jr. and one daughter who I don't know the name of, and the 3 children came to America through Eliis Island around 1910 or so.

My great-grandfather, Nicolas Cascioli married Elisabetta Sauro and lived in Stubenville, Ohio. The name later changed to the American spelling, Cashoili. Dominico moved somewhere else, they ditched their young brother Nicolas, who was 12 when they got here. And Dominco's surname became Cashioli. I was just wondering if any of you could send me some information on anything relating to them, I have lots more, but time is short etc...

Things to remember:
Nicolas Cashoili (Cascioli)
Lucy Falcone
and any Sauro's out there? Elizabetta was Sicilian, so probably not....

Thanks, from your llooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg away relative...

Nicholas Sauro Cashoili
(Nicolas Sauro Cascioli) <--love the Italian spelling

Re: CASCIOLI, CASHOILI, CASHIOLI, Falcone, and Sauro and Anyone this could pertain to...?!?!

Larry Falcone (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2003 1:46AM GMT
Surnames: Falcone, Cascioli, Cashioli
My grandfather, Philip (Filippo) Falcone was born in Roseto Valfortore February 15, 1887. His parents were Domenico Falcone and Filomena Romano Falcone. He came to America with several brothers and sisters around 1900. He married my grandmother, Bess Garwood in 1908 in Illinois. They eventually moved to Akron, Ohio and lived there until there deaths. They had three sons, Philip, Jr. (my dad), Robert and Joseph, all deceased. I do not know if any are related to you but I thought I would pass this information to you.

Re: CASCIOLI, CASHOILI, CASHIOLI, Falcone, and Sauro and Anyone this could pertain to...?!?!

Posted: 24 Jul 2003 9:50PM GMT
Funny you should mention Akron, Ohio because there must have been a migration here from Roseto, PA around the turn of the century. Many of the same names live or lived here including Cascioli's.

Phil Falcone (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2003 10:42AM GMT
Just some personal insight on this topic. In the late 19th century, when the United States was expanding, Italian craftsmen were allowed into the US "WithOut Papers." This is where the derrogatory term WOP came from; unfortunately a reflection of the negative feelings towards us by the other European immigrants who needed the correct documentation. Most WOPs were stone masons and their skills were desperately needed before and during the depression of those early years.

My grandfathers both worked in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland, and other northern states. I'm also pretty sure that being notoriously Italian men, with wives back in the old country, there were some liberties taken with women in those US states and towns. I'm told that Mingo Junction, OH has a lot of Falcones and my grandfathers worked there for MANY years,,, you do the math!

Sorry if these facts offend anyone, but it doesn't change what happened and how things are. It wasn't just the migration from Roseto, PA. Most of these craftsmen returned to the East Coast, brought their wives and families over, and settled down. Others just kept going west without regrets. All however, left some of themselves behind wherever they roamed.

Posted: 16 Feb 2004 1:22AM GMT
Edited: 18 Sep 2005 5:45PM GMT
Hi,
Just found out my maternal great grandmother named Teodora Cascioli came to US in 1902 and settled in Roseto, PA from Roseto, Italy. What is the connection of the two "cities"? Do you know the history? Have you ever heard of Teodora aka Dora?
Please do not use the above email as it is long gone. I can be reached at woppahoegirl@msn.com
Karen

Phil Falcone (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2004 9:23AM GMT
Dear Karen,

Without having much more to go on then just one person's name, and not knowing if you gave her married or maiden surname, it's difficult. You can go to the following website and it will be the biggest help. Since she was a resident of Roseto, PA, if she worked for any length of time, Social Security records could tell you more, but there are none for the name you gave. You might do better here or under the Cascioli Surname Message Board from the board members.

Good luck,

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp

Posted: 15 Jul 2007 7:05PM GMT
Information I got from my mother and her sisters has similar names but a little different. Their parents (my grandparents)names were Dionesio Cashioli and Maridonna Romano - both from Roseo Valfortore. Their parents (my great grandparents) names as according to what I was told wre: Peter Romano and Theresa Ruggierio and Dominick Cashioli and Lucy Falcone. My grandparents lived in Mingo Junction, Ohio where they had 10 kids - the 2 oldest girls were named Lucy and Theresa and the oldest boys were Dominick and Peter. My mother's maiden name is Rose Mary Cashioli - she was the 7th.

Posted: 30 Jul 2007 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: Cashoili, Cascioli, Cashioli
hansenbob99

This is Nick, who started the post, I'd love to be in contact with you about our family. If you can reply to this, or send me an email that would be great.

nicholas cashoili@gmail.com (without the space)

Thanks,

Nick

Posted: 16 Jun 2011 2:26PM GMT
Surnames: Cascioli, Cashioli
I dont know about any lat names but one. Being Cascioli. My Great-grand mothers last name was Cascioli (Cashioli) and she was from Italy. I dont know if i have any relation to you but my grandmother, her daughter married a russian man with the name of Rubal so thats why it still isn't Cascioli. :3 Probably not related but i figure to tell you.

Posted: 15 Oct 2011 2:43PM GMT
Surnames: Roberts, Roberto, Cashioli
My great grandfather was Dominico (Dominick) Roberts (Roberto) married to Concetta Cashioli and came from Foggia Italy around 1910 and lives in Mingo Jct near Steubenville OH
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions