Search for content in message boards

Parents of Jown William Pickens and Docia Boatwright

Parents of Jown William Pickens and Docia Boatwright

Posted: 24 Jul 2001 3:31PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2002 1:32AM GMT
Surnames: Pickens, Boatwright, Reynolds, Faulkner
I am currently looking on my wife's side of the family for the parents of John William Pickens born in Robinson County, Texas and who had a son by the name of Larkin (en) Doc (k) Pickens. They lived in Limestone County, Texas I think up until the death of both of the parents and the son who married Docie (Doshia) Boatwright. I have been stopped at this point for a long time so if anyone is able to shed some light on this for me I for one would greatly appreciate it.

Re: Parents of Jown William Pickens and Docia Boatwright

Posted: 13 Mar 2002 6:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boatwright
Do you have any idea about what year or the age of the couple? Do you know where Docie Boatwright was born?

Re: Parents of Jown William Pickens and Docia Boatwright

David Spriggs (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2002 9:46PM GMT
Surnames: Pickens, Faulkner, Spriggs, Musgrove
Not at this time - They had 1 son for sure don't know about daughters - The son was named Larken Dock and I think he was born in Groesbeck, Limestone County, Texas or at least him and his wife lived there.

Re: Parents of John William Pickens and Docia Boatwright

Posted: 4 Nov 2002 4:40PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2002 1:32AM GMT
Surnames: Pickens, Philpot, Spriggs, Musgrove, Helms, Jacks, Boatwright, Reynolds, as well as many more
John William Pickens born in Robinson County, Texas + Docia Boatwright -> Larkin Dock Pickens 1886 Robinson County, Texas + Mary Elizabeth Reynolds 1902 Leon County, Texas - This is all the information that I have been able to gather. If anyone has any ideas on further research, please let me know. If I could locate either set of parents I think I will be able to take them back 2 or more generations.

GG-Grandaughter of John W. Pickens

David Spriggs (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2006 8:08PM GMT
John W. Pickens & Docia Boatwright' son Larkin Dock Pickens married Mary Elizabeth Reynolds, their son L. D. Pickens married Gloria Mae Faulkner and their daughter Linda Mae Pickens (wife of 30+ yrs to David Spriggs) after being diagnosed with colon cancer that had spread to both the liver and the lungs in 2004, had two surgeries and 5 regiments of cancer - passed away February 8th at 10:45 p.m. at the Houston Hospice downtown ward. She was buried Monday, February 13th at 10:00 a.m. While here she was a great wife, a better mother and grandma along with being a wonderful daughter, sister and Aunt. We will ALL miss you.................

Joe Montanez husband of 38+ yrs. to Doris Spriggs (David's sister) died on Friday, February 17th around 8:00 p.m. Linda and Joe would both get on the phone together and get to laughing so hard they would be crying and then would hand the phone over to Doris and I for a few minutes. Joe had prostate cancer that had spread to the bones.

The entire family of both figure that it was fitting that they both went so close together because of their friendship......

We will ALL miss the both of you.........

Re: Parents of John William Pickens and Docia Boatwright

Posted: 6 Mar 2012 8:40PM GMT
Surnames: Boatwright Sanderson Pickens
1860 Census, Polk Co, Arkansas: Dosha b.1850 with sisters-- Celia (Sanderson)b.1843, Louisa Catharine (Caddell) b. 1846 and Ruth Ann (Stuckey) b. 1856. All born in Alabama. Parents= John Boatwright b. 1815 SC and Louisa Boatwright b. 1825 Alabama. My GG-grandmother is Celia. I have been researching all her sisters.(Dosha's name is spelled so many different ways) But this I know to be true, Dosha Pickens was widowed BEFORE 1910. IN 1910 she is with my G-grandmother Her Niece: Viola Sanderson Matthews in Limstone Co. IN 1920 with daughter Hulda Willson in Limestone Co. IN 1930 she is with son Larkin (who was widowed btw 1915-1920 and is remarried). She is 81. She dies in 1934 in Limestone Co. TX
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions