Search for content in message boards

Cemeteries in 1800"s

Cemeteries in 1800"s

Posted: 6 Nov 2002 4:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a couple of people who I cannot find a burial site for.

Michael Lutz, protestant probably Lutheran or Methodist, died sometime between 1885-1890.

Anna Woelfel, born 1827, and died after 1891, as they seem to make reference to her, as survivor, on her husband's death cert. but she is not buried where her husband is. She was probably Catholic. I'm pretty sure she didn't make it to the 1900 census.
Besides calling or initiating a search with every cemetery in the greater NYC are, I don't know how to track this down.

Any ideas?

Carol

Re: Cemeteries in 1800"s

Posted: 6 Nov 2002 4:38AM GMT
Carol,
The best way is to find her death certificate. If you have an LDS library in your area order the death index for Kings county from 1891-1900 and searvh it out.
Tony

Tony,Re: Cemeteries in 1800"s

Posted: 6 Nov 2002 4:41AM GMT
Hi

Tony,Re: Cemeteries in 1800"s

Posted: 6 Nov 2002 4:41AM GMT
Hi

Posted: 6 Nov 2002 4:46AM GMT
Hi Tony,

I'm in a small town in FL. Would our main Library have that resource? I've never looked, thinking online would be as good a resource available.
Is there a way of finding out what year each of the cemeteries in Kings/Queens were established?
Carol

Posted: 6 Nov 2002 4:55AM GMT
Carol,
The LDS have libraries just about everywhere. Go to their website at:

www.familysearch.org

Spend some time at this site. Check for the closest FHC to you and also do some searching for your family names, you never know, someone may have already done a lot of your research.

Cemeteries in the NY metro area is covered very nicely in a book called "The Graveyard Shift" by Carolee Inskeep. You can probably pickit it up at www.amazon.com The book is great.
Tony

Posted: 6 Nov 2002 3:59PM GMT
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~blkyn/Bklyn.Info.Pa... has cemetery information.

http://www.green-wood.com/
Good site

Lutheran Cemetery in Brooklyn:67-29 Metropolitan Ave Brooklyn Ny

Evergreens Cemetery.Bushwick Ave and Conway St. Brooklyn NY

Good luck, I find that most will respond to a letter, but there will be a charge ofr information.

Posted: 7 Nov 2002 2:53AM GMT
Thanks, all. I guess I will just have to write to each one. I thought if there was another way, somebody here would surely know about it.
Thanks for responding.
Carol

Posted: 7 Nov 2002 2:24PM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2003 7:54PM GMT
Lutheran Cemetery is on Metropolitan ave., Middle Village NY 11379 - it's not in Brooklyn, but is in Queens County.

Posted: 12 Nov 2002 3:13AM GMT
Surnames: Lutz, Brazel, Woelfel, Fetter, Heintz, Smith
Thanks George,

I am organizing my letter campaigne. I will try all the addresses I can find, as I have few leads for probability.

Carol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions