Search for content in message boards

Bowman Dairy, Chicago

Bowman Dairy, Chicago

Posted: 25 Oct 2002 3:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Jul 2003 6:07PM GMT
Surnames: Bowman
Looking for information on the family tree of Robert Bowman, owner of the Bowman Dairy in Chicago, Illinois.

Thanks!

Re: Bowman Dairy, Chicago

Posted: 26 Oct 2002 2:08PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2003 7:05PM GMT
Surnames: Bowman, Carter
I do not know any of the genealogy of these Bowmans but I do have a milk bottle from this company. I have Bowmans' in my family and I am looking for a John VanBurren Bowman born sometime around the 1840-1850 somewhere in IL. If you run across this name please contact me. This John married a Mary Francis Carter in McNairy Co. TN.

Chris Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2002 3:34PM GMT
Surnames: Bowman, Larner
I am looking for a Adelaide Bowman that was born around 1851. She married a man named John Larner. Does she fit into your family tree anywhere?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted: 27 Oct 2002 3:15PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2003 7:05PM GMT
Surnames: Bowman, Carter
I don't have anything on your Bowman. I know so very little on the Bowman side of my family. I am looking for a John VanBurren Bowman b. abt. 1840's and married a Mary Frances Carter and they had a son named George Washington Bowman b. McNairy Co. TN. But John is supposed to have been born in IL. This is all I know.

Posted: 28 Oct 2002 2:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Aug 2004 10:45AM GMT
Surnames: Bowman
Check in Buffalo Ridge, ILL for the Bowmans they ran that dairy. It's a small town next to Chicago. They moved from Manassa, Va to Chicago.

Posted: 28 Oct 2002 2:44PM GMT
Thanks for the scoop. I'll check that out.

Chris

Posted: 30 Oct 2002 11:06PM GMT
Don't know anything about your Bowmans but I grew up in Freeport, Ill. and we had milk delivery from Bowman Dairy. We had a milkbox and also kept a milk bottle because of the name. My brother still has it and uses it for his spare change.

Anne Bowman

Roadrunner (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2002 8:16AM GMT
There is also a Bowman Dairy in River Forest, Illinois. It sounds like there were several Bowman Dairies. I also found a model railroad site that advertized a Bowman Milk Company refirgerated car. I found a broken Bowman milk bottle along the railroad near Matthie, Arizona and would like to know more about the Bowman Dairy. Anyone can contact me directly at my email address. Thanks.

Gary Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2003 3:02PM GMT
Bowman Dairy. I am looking to contact Bowman Dairy owners, or collectors. I have some Bowman Dairy pictures and misc..
My grandfather managed River Forest my Dad drove a milk truck

Posted: 28 Mar 2003 4:56PM GMT
Gary,

Do you have any information on the founder of Bowman Dairy and his family? I believe his name was Robert and he had a son with the initials E.M. There is a chance that they fit into my family tree and I'm trying to find the piece of the puzzle that fits them in.

Thanks!
Chris
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions