Search for content in message boards

Wood Family In Upstate New York

Wood Family In Upstate New York

Will Raup (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2000 10:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wood
I have many Wood's New York, they settled in first Dutchess County, New York then moved to Columbia County, New York where they have been and still are. Anyone who wants more information can contact me at County_Cork31@hotmail.com.

Wood - Essex county, specifically Keene, New York

Posted: 31 Jul 2000 6:05PM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2001 3:16AM GMT
Just wondering if any of your Wood's might also have located in Essex county, specifically Keene, New York? Issac Wood was there in the early 1800's. I have relatives from that area as recent as 1930's. I don't know any of Issac's siblings.

Wood

Will Raup (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2000 6:54AM GMT
They Might have been, I don't know. I can't get much farther back than 1800, and all of them, that I know of, where located in the Columbia and Dutchess County areas of the Mid and Upper Hudson Valley.
Posted: 1 Aug 2000 7:16AM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2001 3:16AM GMT
Thank you for your reply. I guess we'll both keep looking.:)

Wilbur A. Wood b. 1861 or 1867 NY

Posted: 9 Sep 2000 6:44PM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2002 3:13PM GMT
I am looking for a Wilbur A. Wood born july 8 in either 1861 or 1867. I don't know where in New York he was born. Do you have any Wilbur's in your wood line

Woods

Will Raup (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2000 8:01AM GMT
I don't have a Wilbur A. Wood, I only have a Walton Roosevelt Wood. All of the Woods in my family come from Dutchess County in New York, in particular Hyde Park. The same place FDR was from. They have since moved north a bit, into Columbia County NY and live near Chatham. W. Roosevelt Wood was my Great, Great, Great Grandfather. They may be realted. I would be happy to share information. My E-Mail is County_Cork31@Hotmail.com.

Thanks.

Wilbur Wood

Posted: 7 Mar 2001 2:59PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jun 2005 8:25PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Whitehead
My grandfathers name was Wilbur Albert Wood to the best of my knowledge he married in Texas and they S\settled in Sulphur Springs, TX. I understand he was half indian his mothers maden name was whitehead. He died when my mother was 4 ys old and she is now 84 and I am desprately trying to gather info for her as she knows very little about him.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

jr
Posted: 15 Oct 2001 9:16PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jun 2005 8:25PM GMT
I don't believe so. As I understand my grandfather wasa born in Oklahoma and was half indian.

Re: Wood Family In Upstate New York

Jim Farrand (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2003 5:19PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Petrie
Hi Will,
I have not gone into the New York census yet, but I am looking for a John Wood whos family I believe was from the Albany NY area (not far from Columbia Co) and I believe John moved to Ontario. Believe he married Julia Ann Petrie. John would have been born roughly around 1800 - 1810. Thanks!
Jim Farrand farrand@chartermi.net

Re: Wood Family In Upstate New York

val brown (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2006 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Horton
I am seeking info about Elisha Wood, who married Judeth Horton, a daughter of Thomas Horton of Columbia County. I need Elisha and Judeth's marriage, the births of their children, and importantly, his parents, grandparents, etc. Elisha and Judeth left Columbia County probably in the early 1800s and ended up in Cayuga County, NY before moving on to Wayne County (we beleive).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions