Search for content in message boards

Okarben, Hessen-Darmstadt > ca 1854 MD USA

Okarben, Hessen-Darmstadt > ca 1854 MD USA

Posted: 1 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Feb 2002 4:55PM GMT
Surnames: ZEUN, GEIBEL
George Zeun, Christine Geibel from Okarben, Hessen-Darmstadt, son George (1827-1878) came to MD USA ca 1854. Valentine, Christina and Johann later joined their brother in MD.

Re: Valentine, Christina Zeun

Posted: 28 Feb 2002 1:05AM GMT
Edited: 27 Mar 2002 12:43AM GMT
I JUST read your inquiry - please contact me ASAP. Thank you. I have been looking for information on these relatives - are you related?

Re: Okarben, Hessen-Darmstadt > ca 1854 MD USA

Posted: 18 Jan 2005 4:55PM GMT
I am researching Christina Zeun, b. Sep 29, 1944 GER, d. Apr 24, 1926 Baltimore Co, MD, m. John Fox. Their son, John August Fox, Jr. b. Mar 23, 1872, married Mary Adam Gunterman.

According to Christina's death certificate, her parents were George Zeun and Christine Geibel, both of Okarben, Germany. Did George and Christine come to the US? Do you have dates or locations for them?

Thank you.
Carolyn Johnson Burns
carolynjburns@woh.rr.com

Re: Okarben, Hessen-Darmstadt > ca 1854 MD USA

Posted: 26 Nov 2013 1:04AM GMT
Hello,

Christina Zeun was born on September 29, 1844 in Frankford, Germany. She died on April 24, 1926 in Baltimore, MD. Her father was Johann Georg Zeun who was born on October 21, 1797 in Okarben, Hesse Darmstadt, Germany and died on February 26, 1847 in the same place. Her mother was Maria Eva (Chrisine) Geibel who was born on June 4, 1805 in Gronau, Hesse Darmstadt. She was the daughter of Johannes Geibel and Katherina Meissinger. Johan Georg and Marie Eva (Christine) were married on July 17, 1827 in Okarben, Hesse Darmstadt. Their children were George, Katherine Elizabeth, Wilhelmine, George Valentine, Susanna Margaretha Katharina, Christine and Johann. They may have had other children. I am not sure. Johann Georg and Maria Eve (Christine) were my great-great-great grandparents. Their daughter, Chrisina, married Johann August (Fuchs) Fox on December 15, 1867 in Sts. Stephens & James Church in Baltimore, MD. Johann August (Fuchs) Fox was born on July 1, 1842 in Baltimore, MD and died on January 21, 1912 in Baltimore, MD. Johan and Christina's children were George Francis, Minne, John August, Elizabeth Caroline, Eva, Mary E., Pauline A., William E. and Harry. John August Fox was born on March 23, 1873. He married Mary. Their children were Marie, Mildred, Selma Cecelia, and Carlton. So Christina is my great-great-great aunt.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions