Search for content in message boards

McClain

McClain,Williar

Edward Smith (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McClain, Williar, Harbaugh

I also am a descendant of Peter McClain and Catherine Rowe. My line branches from their daughter Eleanor S. (Elmira S. on the Census, and in Peter McClain's Will), who married Yost Calvin Harbaugh.

Peter McClain is buried in St. John's Reformed Church, Sabillasville, Frederick Co., MD. On his headstone his name is spelled McLane.

The "History of Frederick County, Maryland", by Thomas J. c. Williams, says Peter's father was Joseph McClain, is this true ? Please let me know what information you are seeking.
Posted: 13 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2003 1:00PM GMT
Surnames: McClain, McLean, Williar, Williard
In 1869, near Emmitsburg in Frederick County, Lewis B. McClain (1845-1901) married Amanda C. Williar (1846-1932). Lewis was the son of Peter McClain and his second wife, Catherine Rowe. Lewis was also known as "Taylor" McClain. The children of Lewis & Amanda included James, Catherine, Charles, Margaret, and Nora May. Seeking further details about this family.

Re: McClain,Williar

Robert M. Williar (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2002 7:45PM GMT
I live in the Baltimore area. I have a good listing of Williar's from Nicolas Vieillard to myself. I would be glad to share or search for any of my "cousins". Smith, Smith, now where have I heard that name before. :)
Posted: 1 Mar 2002 7:21PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2006 3:21PM GMT
Surnames: Williard, Willard
My gggrandfather was Richard E. L. Willard (no "i" or "d") born in Frederick, MD, 1838 which I believe had a sister, Amanda Williard (with an "i" according to the 1850 Census rolls for Frederick County, MD, 10th E District) born in 1844. Could this be your Amanda Willar? If so, why did my gggrandfather drop the "i" and his sister drop the "d"? and when? Just now discovering this info - very exciting! The census also shows their parents as Ezra Williard, Elizabeth Williard (born 1809 for both), with add'l children to Richard and Amanda, Martha born 1839, Laura and Valentine (twins) born 1841, and Adaline born 1849.
I've got Richard's line from him forward to me, so I've been searching for his family from him back. If you want any other info I may have, I'd be glad to share! :)
Thanks!
Joan

Posted: 5 Apr 2002 9:23PM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2006 9:15PM GMT
Hi - does this family by chance include one William Eugene McClane ? Hed would have married ca 1880 to one Virginia Smith Elliott (widow -Foss).
Thanks

Posted: 17 Apr 2005 4:29PM GMT
Would like to make contact, in reference to the McClains, should you still be interested.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions