Search for content in message boards

DENNIS and VERIONICA MURPHY of PA.

DENNIS and VERIONICA MURPHY of PA.

maria (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2000 7:12AM GMT
My grandparents,Dennis and Verionica Murphy. Children,William,Micheal,Patrick,Clarence, Mary,Dennis,Walter,Francis,Jule,Catherine and Joseph.They lived in a coaling town in PA. Frackville maybe.Moved to N.Phila.at 1813 North St.in Fairmount,all of family moved to N.J. except Walter and Mary

Walter Roland Dennis

Posted: 9 May 2001 10:50AM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2003 2:19AM GMT
My grandfather name was Walter Roland Dennis. He married a lady named Sadie Mae Smith. They lived in New York, but later moved to Donora, PA. Tell me if these names and places mean anything to you.

murphy

Andrea (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2001 6:30AM GMT
Hello,
I'm sorry but their name does not sound familar. but I don't know a lot about my grandparents and no one will help me from the family that I know of. good luck to you
maria

Re: DENNIS and VERIONICA MURPHY of PA.

Posted: 28 Jan 2002 5:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 May 2002 4:29PM GMT
Surnames: MURPHY - WADE
I am looking for a Catherine MURPHY who married a Patrick WADE and had children Elizabeth, Peter and Maurice. Catherine was born about 1858 in PA, probably the Philadelphia area and then moved to southern New Jersey. Does any of that match your family?

Maria (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2002 5:30PM GMT
hello. I am a little bit excited by your message.
As I read your message the name Wade came to my mind.
I really don't have much info at all. My own mothers name was Mary Elizabeth, my one uncle was Patrick Dennis.
I have all but given up on my search.
I hope you can write me and give me. I'll try my brother again and see if he got anything new.
I just recieved this message today.
Good hunting, Smile Maria

Posted: 3 Apr 2005 5:36PM GMT
Based on my research from census records primarily, Patrick and Catherine had the following children: Mary (1872), William (1876--my great, great grandfather) Catherine (1873), James (1879), Peter (1884), Joseph Leo (1888), Elizabeth (1883), Ann, Josephine (1891) and Maurice/Morris (1895). In 1920, Catherine was living with her daughter Elizabeth (Mulligan) along with her sons peter and Maurice in Bristol Pennsylvania. My g-g-grandfather William was living close by across the Delaware River in Burlington, NJ. Patrick, the father shows up in 1910 census records but not in 1920. Any infor you could give me on Catherine would be appreciated.

John Logue (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2005 2:35PM GMT
Surnames: Logue, Mulligan, Wade, Murphy
The Elizabeth (Mulligan) you referenced is my maternal grandmother. She was born on March 27, 1882 and died July 15, 1921 when my mother was just 3 months old. She was married to John Joseph Mulligan and they had 4 children. She is buried in St. Mark's Cemetary in Bristol, PA. I would love to gather some more information about these families especially the Murphy side. I have not been able to learn much at all about Patrick Murphy. Do you know if there is any connection to the former owners of Murphy Funeral Home in Bristol which coincidentally is now the Wade Funeral Home?

John Logue (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2005 3:40PM GMT
Surnames: Logue, Mulligan, Wade, Murphy
I made a mistake in my last post. I meant to say Patrick Wade, not Murphy.
Elizabeth, are you related to Pat Powell? She and I have exchanged information about the Wades.

Pat Powell (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2005 9:53PM GMT
John, I don't know if I shared with you...I visited the Wade Funeral Home website to learn more. Mark Wade looks just like my Great Uncle John Wade (Father Joe's brother) so I assume we ARE related. I emailed Mark and his wife via their website but never received any response. Maybe you'll have better luck!
Pat Powell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions