Search for content in message boards

Wards and Lockharts

Wards and Lockharts

Posted: 17 Jul 2004 5:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jul 2005 3:07AM GMT
Surnames: Lockhart, Ward
I'm looking for info on John William Lockhart who married Hannah Ward in Hendricks County, Indiana, on 2 May 1840. I have been unable to find his parents and would really llike to. I also am not exactly sure of all the children he and Hannah had, nor their birthdates/places. Any info would be appreciated at my above e-mail address. Thanks loads, Shirley

Re: Wards and Lockharts

FAY (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2004 6:03AM GMT
I SEE WHERE THEY MARRIED IN HENDRICKS CO.IN., HOWEVER I DON'T FIND THEM IN THE CENSUS, CEMETARIES, BIRTHS OR ETC.DO YOU KNOW THE YEAR OF THEIR BIRTH, OR IF HE DIED BEFORE 1880??

Re: Wards and Lockharts

Posted: 18 Jul 2004 7:00AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2005 3:07AM GMT
I have him as born between 1818 and 1820 (per census records) and died 29 Jun 1880 in Clark County, Illinois (per Family Search.com) and her born 15 Oct 1824 and died 28 Jun 1858 in Jasper County, Illinois (per a World Connect File). I have census records for them: 1840 in Hendricks County (Roll 87 Book 1, Page 33); 1850 in Centre Township, Marion County, Indiana (where their son Janiah, my great grandfather, was born); 1860 I have John William (no Hannah) with the boys in Martinsville Township, Clark County, IL. And so forth. It certainly is an assumption that John William was from Hendricks County, but I do have others who say Hannah was from Hendricks County. It just seemed like a good place to start to make the assumption that he was from their too as a place to at least start looking. Let me know if you have other questions. Thanks for responding. Shirley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic