Search for content in message boards

kindschi

kindschi

kindschy (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: kindschi
looking for info on christian kindschi.
He settled the town of montana. He came from prairie du sac. If i can make one more link I can go back to the 1600's but am having problems.
there seems to be 3 christian kindschi's one born in1811 and was buried in montana the other was born in 1834 and a 3rd date comes up as being born in 1838.
The name Andreas comes up as a frequent name.
1855 was when the kindschi , von wald , and paul families came from prarie du sac Any help? Thanks

Kindschi

Fred Zinos (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
There was a Christian Kindschi, I think he was C. I. (Ivan)Kindschi. who was part of the Kindschi clan that originally came to Wisconsin and settled in the Praire Du Sac area in approximatly 1850. I kno that some of that family, in later generations, moved to the Dakotas and so it is not out of the question that Montana would have been a destination also.
There are a number of Kindschis still farming in Sauk county Wisc.

Sorry I cant provide more information.

Re: kindschi

Posted: 3 Jul 2001 6:31AM GMT
Surnames: Schachtler, Haigh, Herrmann, Kuhagen, Hanson, Mork
Hi,

I am related to the Schachtler family, who also settled in Montana township, after coming over from Switzerland. The Schachtlers and Kindschis are related, through common ancestors back in Switzerland. I have also come across the dilemma of the same names for different people.

I have found that I am related to the Christian Kindschi who was born in March of 1838 and apparently came to Wisconsin with his father, who was also named Christian Kindschi. I believe that the father died in 1883, according to his probate records.

Do these names sound like yours?

I would be interested in hearing back,

Tony

Posted: 6 Jun 2002 8:45PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2005 3:12AM GMT
I am a descendant of the Christian Kindschy you are refering to that was one of the first pioneers who settled in the Waumandee valley, town of Montana, Buffalo County. Would like to share information with you on family tree and some facts.

Posted: 7 Jun 2002 10:15PM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2002 4:05PM GMT
Lynn,

My e-mail address is: sportsedan@hotmail.com. I would also like to see how you are related, since I had just recently discovered the connection, when I posted the message...So, I do not have full information on the family.

The elder Christian Kindschy's sister, Catharina, is my gggg-grandmother.

Tony

Posted: 26 Jun 2002 12:36AM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2005 3:12AM GMT
Surnames: Kindschy
I am a descendant of christian kindschy, one of the first settlers of Waumandee in the Montana township of Buffalo County. Have some interesting stories

Posted: 8 Mar 2004 12:18AM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2006 1:52AM GMT
Surnames: Kindchy, Grotjahn, Gross, Wingert
Wilhelm Kindschy:This is my husband's mothers' line from Alma, Wisconsin. I have very limited information on these people and would love to know more. His grandfather, Elmer Grotjahn was burried there about 10 years or so ago....His wife, Hulda Gross Grotjahn is still living in Minneapolis at 100 years old.
I have been to Alma several times but, not lately. I hope you are able to share what you have learned with me.
Thank you

shirley (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2005 2:06AM GMT
Hello Dianne,
I have the "Grotjahn" as my primary line......Think we spoke once before if you are the one from Mpls...
Shirley

Re: kindschi / Kindschy

Posted: 18 Sep 2005 6:58PM GMT
Surnames: Danuser Strouse Strauss Lehman Kindschy Fluri Flury
I am looking for informaion on Peter KINDSCHY, who was born abt. 1832 (possibly in Switerland) and married Anna Cate DANUSER (born abt. 1843 in Switerland. Anna Cate is the daughter of Florian DANUSER & Cecilia BUEHLER.)

Peter & Anna Cate had at least 4 children: John (b.abt. 1858 Sauk Co., WI); Anna (b.abt. 1860 Sauk Co., WI); Christian (b.abt. 1861 Sauk Co., WI); & Catherina "Katie" (b.abt. 1863 Sauk Co., WI).

I would like to know who Peter's parents are & more about Peter and Anna Cate's decendants. I have info on Anna Cate DANUSER's parents (and I am always looking for more, too!) that I am willing to share. Please contact me.

Tiffany

Re: kindschi / Kindschy

LynnNelson (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2005 12:00AM GMT
Surnames: Kindschi/Kindschy/Danuser/Laehri/Gredig/Padrutt, etal
I think the link we are to each other is through George Kindschy. George married Katherine Danuser, daughter of Florian and Cecilia(Bruhler, that is how it is spelled in my reference) on March 14, 1878 in Montana Township, Buffalo County. They had five children: Benjamin G, Alice C., Clara G., Ida, Amerlian and Florian H. (that adds up to 6 to me, but that is what this reference says) There is actually quite a bit on George Kindschy in the history of Buffalo County. George was the youngest son of Christian Kindschy Sr. My ancestry traces back to Christian Kindschy Sr. and his first wife, Anna Katharina Padrutt. They had a son, Christian Jr. in Switzerland 1838. They also had a daughter in 1942. She died in 1944 (failure to thrive) and Anna died less than a year later in 1945. Sr. then married Elsbeth Rugger(Runker) in 1847 and they set sail for America with little Christian Jr.
Christian Kindschy, Sr. and Elsbeth had 4 children: Lucy(married John Durisch) John C.(married Paulina Kraft), Jacob (Married Sara Koch and Mary Kirschner and of course, George. I do not find any Peter Kindschy in any direct line of mine. If you go to the google search engine and type in Kindschi history, you can get to a link to Switzerland. I have not been able to get a confirmation as to where (or if ) my line fits into this family but I speculate it does connect. If anyone can help me out with that connection I would be very grateful. Christian Sr. parents were Johannes Kaspar Kindschi and Eva Laehri. His parents were Johannes Kindschi and Catharina Gredig. I then have Hans Caspar Kindschy (b. 1-31-1719) married to Margreth Bartschleri. ( Just in case anyone can help me out)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic