Search for content in message boards

Pinkstons in Daviess & Ohio County, Kentucky

Pinkstons in Daviess & Ohio County, Kentucky

Posted: 26 Sep 2001 11:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jan 2002 11:32AM GMT
Surnames: Pinkston,Howard,Vanover in Daviess & Ohio County, Kentucky
I am looking for any information on a Peter & Martha (Howard) Pinkston and their family. They were born 1822 Tennessee & 1826 Kentucky, married 1846 Daviess Co., Ky., had 7 children born to them, George W., Alva, Elizabeth Jane, John Asly, James Howard, Thomas McClennin & Martha A. all were born in Daviess Co., Ky. Thomas McClennin Pinkston is my husbands Great Grandfather, his wife was Artelia Catherine Vanover married 1890 Daviess Co., Ky, they had 8 children. Also am needing to find out who the parents of Peter Pinkston were. Any help will be greatly appreciated on this family. Thank You.........

Re: Pinkstons in Daviess & Ohio County, Kentucky

Obom (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2002 2:05AM GMT
George W Pinkston was my grt-grandfather. Bettie Elizabeth Pinkston was my father's mother. I'm not sure who her mother was. My dad said Bettie's mother was Cherokee.
George was born in Breckinridge Co., KY. Bettie & my dad, Claredon Elgin Leet, were born in Daviess Co., Ky.
My dad's parents died when he was very young, so, he didn't know much about the family.
Hope to hear from someone who does know something!
Thanks, Charlene

Alice (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2003 8:18AM GMT
Surnames: Pinkston
My maiden name is Pinkston....one of five daughter of a William James Pinkston (deceased) of Owensboro Kentucky which is Daviess Co. Kentucky....some where ( I will have to do some digging)...is a family history my husband and I did many years ago on the Pinkston family....We just moved two months ago...so things have been packed and not everything unpacked yet......that is why I said I would have to do some digging....I know my line of the Pinkston family orginally came from North Caroline even tho they have been in Owensboro for some time...

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2003 6:33PM GMT
Surnames: Pinkstons in Daviess Co KY
I have a Micajah Pinkston that was b. NC m. 10 Jun 1812 in Rowan NC to Mary Howard Bond #000128650. I have 5 children listed. Lousiana Pinkston b. abt 1819 m. David Elliott in Todd Co KY 19 Apr 1841, Wesley Pinkston was 14 on the 1850 Daviess Co KY Census, Richard Pinkston m. Elizabeth ?, William Pinkston m. Eliza Malone, Howard Pinkston. Any help would be appreciated. Do you live currently in KY? Please email me as I would love to keep in touch. toletutor@attbi.com Karen

Alice (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2003 7:53PM GMT
I can remember my direct line only so far back than I would have to dig for the rest...(moving is such a pain) I have not lived in Kentucky for 32 years....but still have sisters there....my father was William James Pinkston B in 1924 son of Joseph Leslie Pinkston b 1889 , son of Micajah Pinkston b 1844 or 1848, son of Jordan Pinkston b 1804 if I remember correctly Jordan had a brother who went to South Caroline his name was Harden and he was year older than Jordan.
My grandfather Joseph was married to Rose Lee Tanner.
Micajah my great grandfather was married to Victoria Quyam.
Jordan my great great grandfather was married to Elizabeth Fields.

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2003 9:47PM GMT
Can you email me direct.....Karen
toletutor@attbi.com
Micajah Pinkston might have been a comon name but I have never seen it twice.

Posted: 3 Jan 2003 8:35AM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2003 5:56AM GMT
Surnames: Pinkstons - Vanover - Howard - Bivens
Hello Linda,
I now have the MARRIAGE Bond for George W. Pinkston To a ( Lizzie ) Cooper on March 8, 1890- Marriage cert for March 10,1890. ((George was married to Nancy C. Vanover on Oct 10,1870))
I also have bond for Thomas M. Pinkston to Artelia (tina) Vanover on Dec 17,1890 married on the 18 of Dec,1890. ( THIS IS MY LINE)
both married by the same JP Robertson & both had Marcus (mark) Young at the wedding.
have bond for Jno (john) A. Pinkston to Ellen Bivens on July 30, 1877. W. ?. ?. Vanover was at there wedding
SO does ANY one know who the Grandparents of these 3 brothers was? Their parents were
Peter Pinkston born 1821-22 in Tenn. & Martha Howard born Jan 1826 in KY.
you can write here so everyone can keep up , or e-mail kybornRAB@aol.com Keep smiling - we WILL find the answers !

Rebecca Smith (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2005 6:12PM GMT
Alice,
Do you have a PETE ALLEN Pinkston still living in Owensboro? He's about 74? here is his line as i know it.
Pete Allen
George or Peter
Thomas & tina vanover (Thomas killed by mule in 1907.)
Peter 1822 & Martha 1826 (howard) Pinkston
This is my line
hope to here from someone

Posted: 5 Oct 2007 4:10PM GMT
Surnames: Pinkston, Tanner, Jones
Do you know of Aines Dewey Pinkston? He was born 1918- Died 1972. He is my Grandfather!!! I recently found a short genealogy in my Mothers cedar chest of the Pinkston Family. Aines Father is listed as Leslie Pinkston, Mother Rosie Pinkston, Brother William ( a Welder by profession?) and a sister named Leslie Edge. ARE YOU THE LONG LOST CONTACT I've BEEN SEARCHING FOR?? Does the name Ruth Jones come to mind? If you are the right person please contact me ASAP, I want to meet my long lost relatives and get some pictures and info for my genealogy records.

Posted: 11 Oct 2007 3:40AM GMT
Surnames: Pinkston, Jones, Tanner
Don't know if we are blood or not. My Grandfather was Aines Dewey Pinkston 1918-1972. His father is listed as Leslie Pinkston, Mother as Rosie, Brother William Pinkston(deceased). Aines worked at Rolling Pin Pastries in Owensboro. I don't know much more than this. My mom was put up for adoption in about 1946 and never knew her parents. I found her birth certificate in an old cedar chest belonging to her adopted father. The birth certificate lists Aines(Annis) Dewey Pinkston as Father and Ruth Jones as Mother. I have read that Ruth and Aines may have been cousins(by way of Tanner), so other family may not be aware of the birth. Ruth lived at 1412 Hall St, a few blocks north of the bakery and a couple blocks east of the hospital where my Mom was born in 1943. If you know any Pinkstons in Owensboro please ask them if any of this rings a bell. I'm dying to meet some relatives from that side of my family!! THANKS
per page

Find a board about a specific topic