Search for content in message boards

Tunnell / Sumner in Formby Liverpool Lancashire

Tunnell / Sumner in Formby Liverpool Lancashire

Posted: 11 Mar 2006 7:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Apr 2011 1:01AM GMT
Surnames: Tunnell / Sumner / Rigby
Richard Sumner, a surgeon (father's name also Richard) b Oct 1797 Lathom. Lancashire, England.
married Jane Tunnell (b 4 jan 1793 Scarbrough, Yorkshire) on Dec 1, 1819 at Preston, St John, Lancashire, England.
Children
Thomas richard Sumner b formby 1819 (emigrated with wife Janet nee Crooke, to Goolwa, South Australia in 1852)
John Bennet Sumner b Formby, Lancashire 1821
John Sumner b Formby, Lancashire abt 1822
Richard Sumner b 1824 Formby, Lancashire
Charles Sumner b 1829 Formby, Lancashire
Septimus Sumner b 1831 Formby, Lancashire
Henry Alfred Sumner b Formby, Lancashire 16 June 1833
Fanny Sumner b Formby, Lancashire abt 1838

Jane Tunnell had 4 sisters (Mary, a twin) who all moved from Scarborough, Yorkshire to Prestons,Formby. All four sisters were school teachers. none married and all died in Formby or Goosnargh, Lancashire

Parents are Thomas and Sarah both dying in Preston 1807 and 1816 respectively. A son Thomas, died aged 5 yo in 1796 in Preston also. There is a Kent marriage entry for Thomas Tunnell and Sarah Bennett, married in Speldhurst, Kent, 1783, but it is possibly a separate line. Investigation continues

Searching for any links

Re: Tunnell / Sumner / Rigby in Formby Liverpool Lancashire

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 5:12AM GMT
Edited: 30 Apr 2006 2:05AM GMT
Surnames: Tunnell
Hi Greg! Here is the Tonnelier/Tunnel/Tunnell lineage that starts in France to Yorkshire,Eng.(at the end of this post)Since your Tunnell's did not leave England it appears that this line ot TonnelierTunnel may also be your ancestors. I would like to hear from you anytime but especially if you find out how you connect to Thomas Tonnelier & "possibly" thru Guillaume Tonnelier-Tunnel.Because " just maybe" he had more then three kids !!! Good Luck on your research !!!Please post again because there are many Tunnell's here that would like to hear about how you will connect to Thomas Tonnelier.I am compiling on all the descendents of "Lady"Ann(Howard)& Wm.Tunnel (b.1702-03)for a Tunnell book which I hope to have
it ready by late 2008/09.Your distant cousin,Wilma M.(Cowsar)Brown .P.S.Here is my "mini"Tunnell website (& below that the Tonnelier info & Barbara Ribling's E-mail address & her website)
http://hometown.aol.com/grannywmb/myhomepage/
Barbara's E-Mail-bribling@mail.datasys.net Barbara Riblings' website http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/r/i/b/Barbara-A-R...
1. TOMAS1 TONNELIER was born Unknown in France, and died Unknown. He married JAQUETTEtp://hometown.aol.com/grannywmb/myhomepage/ REGNAULT. She was born Unknown in France, and died Unknown.
NOTES for TOMAS TONNELIER:
Dates and names of this family were provided by a French researcher. The French researcher's info was provided by Mrs. Ruby Magers whose husband is a descendant of Stephen Tunnell, Jr ,who descends from: ThomasTonnelier/Guillaume/Wm.Tunnell /Reverand Stephen Tunnell Sr.then Jr..

Children of TOMAS TONNELIER and JAQUETTE REGNAULT are:

i. PERRINE2 TONNELIER, b. Aug 18, 1644.
XXX -Note by Wilma- 3-2006
SINCE your Line is in England I am "guessing"that your lineage will come down from Perrine Tunnell(a male )
ii. HELENE TONNELIER, b. Jul 19, 1654.
2. iii. GUILLAUM TONNELIER, b. Dec 10, 1655, Plelan LeGrand, Ille-et-Vilaine, France; d. Unknown, Scarbrough, Yorkshire, England.His wife's name is unknown.
They had three known sons who came to Va.in @ 1731
1.Wm.Tunnel (b.1702-03 in France)who m."Lady"Ann Howard
settled in Fredericksburg,Spotslvaniasa Co.in @ 1731-32 But in 1755 moved to Herndon,Fairfax Co.Va.Note:They had FOUR known sons,who became MINISTERS but most likely had 12/13 children. 2: James Tunnel -wife's name unknown.Came to Va. but later went to N.C.-No trace
3: John Tunnel came to Va.m."Lady"Scarbroro and later left Va.& settled in Md.-No trace
Note by Wilma-3-006-XXX-THREE of his sons came to the U.S.A. BUT maybe there are MORE sons & you descend from the same man that I(WE) do-Wilma

Re: Tunnell / Sumner in Formby Liverpool Lancashire

Posted: 4 May 2013 12:02PM GMT
hi i am doing the family tree for my stepson. he s a descendant of thomas richard sumner, his grandmother. is a sumner. i am in south australia and thomas richard sumner a pioneer married to janet crooks of goolwa just a half hour away from where i live. happy to send any info you need.

Re: Tunnell / Sumner in Formby Liverpool Lancashire

Posted: 4 May 2013 11:27PM GMT
Hi there. Thank you for your reply. I'm always glad to hear from anyone associated with this line. My Mum's (now deceased) biological parents were Charles Ragg/ Sarah Jane (Minnie) Sumner, but at birth she was adopted by a good family (the McEvoy's). The paper trail on this line has been my most successful line to be able to trace, thus far. Henry Alfred Sumner (Thomas Richard Sumner's youngest brother) is my GG Grandfather, so your stepson and I share lineage through the brother's parents Richard Sumner and Jane Tunnell. I'm always looking to build on the information I have and am happy to share. Email me directly to gregnhel(at)optusnet.com.au
Greg from Brisbane, Qld
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions