Search for content in message boards

SCHLOTHAHN, SCHUH (OR SCHUK) ZIMMERMANN, STUECKLE OR STUCKLE

SCHLOTHAHN, SCHUH (OR SCHUK) ZIMMERMANN, STUECKLE OR STUCKLE

Eileen Verbeke (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jul 2009 4:04PM GMT
Surnames: Stickle, Stueckle, Stuckle, Zimmerman, Schlothan, Schuh
Searching for German relatives and/or information of my father, Joseph Edward Stickle. His father changed the original family last name. My fathers grandparents migrated to the US from Germany. Their information is: (taken from my grandparents US birth certificates)

My fathers paternal grandparents: LUDWIG STUECKLE (possibly STUCKLE)and BRIGETTA ZIMMERMAN. Both were born in Wurttenburg. LUDWIG born in 1863, BRIGETTA born in 1859.

Father's maternal grandparents: JOHN (COULD BE LISTED AS 'JOHAN')SCHLOTHAHN, born 1858 and MARY SCHUH, born 1860. No towns of birth are given, just "Germany", however my aunt believes this was also in WURTTEMBURG.

Any information much appreciated!

ZIMMERMANN

George Eckhardt (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
You will fin this surname in church records of the Heidenheim area ofB-W. Towns like Dettingen am Albuch,Setzingen and Gerstetten i believe.
George

ZIMMERMANN

Posted: 8 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
George, thank you! I believe I also saw a place on the net where the microfische rolls can be ordered. I am awaiting a CD that has all of the immigrant records for those arriving in New York for the time period also, and am hoping that might even narrow the town down too. The birth certificates for both my grandmother and grandfather have their parents
place of birth simply as "Wuerttemburg" ...which is a big area with a lot of towns. The information you gave me could be a huge help! Thank you again! - Eileen

ZIMMERMANN

George Eckhardt (View posts)
Eileen
Reccomend you go to a Family History Library affiliated with Church of Jesus Day Latter Day Saints(THe Mormons).
The Microfilms For the Heidenheim area.I use #1340145and1340143 but there is a Catolouge if yiu're pretty sure of the area or town they're from.
George

ZIMMERMANN, SHUCH, SLOTHAHN, STUECKLE

George - Thank you for that information. Can you possibly advise me as to where I might find any mailing addresses for church records? I'm somewhat new to this, and it seems a little overwhelming at times. Also, would it be advisable to write in German, rather than English?
Eileen

getting my family tree in order.

Posted: 27 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Dec 2001 8:33AM GMT
Surnames: Schlaht, Plienis, Feidler, Merkel, Heyd, Krone, Adam, Schuh, Walth, Stahlacker, Wagenmann, Kirschenmann
I am looking for Schlaht relations and there spouses, Kirschenmann,Wagenmann,Stahlacker,Walth,Schuh,Adam,Krone,Heyd,Merkel,Feidler.Michael and Christian Schlaht born 1790's in Hungary.I have some info if wanted.
Posted: 22 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Dec 2001 8:33AM GMT
Surnames: Schlaht, Schuh, Hettich, Kirschenmann, Merkel
Lynn, I just got the Stumpp book "The Emigration from Germany to Russia in the Years 1763 to 1862." It looks like your husband, Hazel and I all have the same great,great,great, grandparents.Michael Schlaht *1793 and Elisabeth Schmid Schlaht *1792. Both died in Neudorf in the 1860's. I think Daniel's mother was married to Ludwig Kirschenmann 1st. Their is mention of Georgs two stepchildren with the last name Kirschenmann. I was going to e-mail you this update from what I sent last month. You have lots of Schlaht relations! Bye for now, Zonia Schlaht Lee

schlaht family

Lynne Schlaht (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: schlaht, zweygardt, rails, hettich
Dear Zonia, I have e-mailed Hazel Bradymire whose message I found on internet. She e-mailed me back and mentioned you, and tonight I found you on internet as well. My husband, John Schlaht, was the son of Johan (John) Schlaht who was the son of Daniel & Dorothea Zweygardt Schlaht of Neudorf, Russia. My husband John was born in Chadron, NE and grew up in Pierre, S.D. Hazel took us back another generation with Daniel & Dorothea's parents being George Friedrich Schlaht & Barbara Hettich. We are really fascinated with the Germans from Russia story. Would like any info you can give us on our family. Will look forward to hearing from you.

Anna Mae Schuh

Beverly Webb (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Schuh, Webb
Do you have any connection to Anna Mae Schuh born 1875 in IA. Married 1890 in Johnson Co., Ark. to Henry Webb born 1864 in GA. They moved to Colton Calif in the early 20's and Anna died 1931, Henry died 1941. These are my husband's grandparents and that is ALL that we have on them. Thanks.
Posted: 4 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2009 4:09PM GMT
Surnames: Schlaht, Schlepp, Schuh
My Helen Schuh * 03 March 1897 Walworth, Java,S.D.,is the d/o John Schuh Sr. and Fredricka Schlepp from South Russia.She married Jacob Schlaht in 1917. They lived in Montana for a while and then moved to Lodi, Cali.and both died there. Hope this is of some help.Zonia Schlaht Lee
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions