Search for content in message boards

Looking for Relatives of my GG Grandfather William Henry Bowen

Looking for Relatives of my GG Grandfather William Henry Bowen

Hope Powell (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bowen
I am looking for any brothers, sisters, etc. of my GG Grandfather William Henry Bowen. I know is that he was born April 12, 1845 and died May 6, 1928. He married Cinderella(Cynthia) Dawson on July 4, 1874. Their children are Willis(Wilson), Milton, Millie, Nancy, Sarah, Ida(Ide), Margaret, James, and Kate. (Spelling may be different.) There was also four more who died at birth. They are Vernie, Lizzie, Josphine and Albert.

My Great Grandfather is Willis (Wilson) Jay Bowen,who was born on May 19, 1884. His first wife was Elizabeth Woods.
Their children are Alva Henry, Stanley, Laura, and Estel.
Alva Henry, my Grandfather, was born on August 31, 1909 in Jackson Co.,OH. He is still living. Stanley was born on April 22, 1905 and died on November 5, 1969. I am not sure of the DOB's on Laura and Estel or if they are still living.

His second wife is June Ellen McKenzie, who he married on March 19, 1914. They had 14 children.

Children of Willis (Wilson) Bowen and June Ellen McKenzie are: Lizzie DOB June 18, 1916

Minnie DOB December 2, 1919

Juanita DOB May 22, 1930 and

died Sept. 22,1932

Thomas DOB Sept. 21, 1917

Edna DOB Sept. 8, 1918

Janie DOB Feb. 17, 1921

Ruth DOB August 5, 1923

Earl DOB April 1, 1924

Della DOB Jan. 5, 1935

Charles DOB Sept. 9, 1927

Rose DOB Nov. 11, 1932

Evie DOB Nov. 26, 19"" (not sure of the year)

died July 30, 1915

Bobby (don't know DOB)

Opal (don't know DOB)

June Ellen McKenzie also had two children from a previous marriage. They are Lennie James (DOB FEb. 22, 1911) and Relday James (DOB April 1911).

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

William Henry Bowen

Lilian Bowen (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BOWEN, BOURNE, WILLIAMS, THRASHER, EASTER, VAUGHN, ABSTON, ANDERSON, BROWN
Hi Hope,
Where did your Bowen's live, and if you have it, where did they come from? I too am researching Bowen's in Cumberland County, KY and before that Goochland and possibly Albemarle Counties, VA.
Lilian

Re: Looking for Relatives of my GG Grandfather William Henry Bowen

Posted: 29 Jul 2001 4:05AM GMT
Edited: 26 Oct 2001 11:30PM GMT
Well hello cousin, boy have I been searching for you for a long time...
I am the Granddaughter of Sarah Evelyn Bowen Lambert!
My GreatGrandfather was William Henry Bowen m. Cinderella (i have Comer) but could have been Dawson , she had a brother Frank Dawson! And a sister Cynthia or Cianda so my mother has said. Mom said Great Grandma had taught her to count in Welsh!
Hope you recieve this please email me at sweetheart153@ivillage.com

Carol Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2001 2:14AM GMT
Dear Hope,
I have information on Cinderella and William Bowen...I also have a picture of them. Would love to contact you. Please email me. Thanks

Ann Kincaid (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2003 4:50AM GMT
I too am looking for relatives of my gggrandfather william bowen. I can't reach you at this email address. Is there another address?

Posted: 4 Nov 2003 1:24PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2004 8:16PM GMT
I have a GG grandfather and a G father named William Henry
Bowen. GG father's wife was Phebe Smith Aldrich, G father's
wife was Mabel Louise Snow. I wouldl love to compare notes

Hope Powell (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2005 5:29PM GMT
I would love to see the picture of them. I really don't know too
much more than what I have posted.

Ann Kincaid (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2006 8:16PM GMT
William and Cinderella Bowens are my great grandparents. Their daughter Nancy was my dad's mother. I have been searching for my dads family for quit some time. I have never met very many from my dad's side. Would like any information about any realitives. Nancy married George Cook. My dad was Jim Cook. He married Elizabeth Edwards. I have a twin brother and 3 sisters and 2 other brothers.

Posted: 15 Mar 2008 1:33AM GMT
My ancestor is Clark bowen who was born in Ohio in 1847. His older brother (age 5 in the 1850 census so it fits ideally with your ancestor) was William. He also had two older brothers Danforth Stiles Bowen and James B. Bowen who fought and died in the Civil War.
I am stuck on that family as w3ell right now. I believe there was a family catastrophy. In the 1850 c4ensus, the father is William Bowen age 52 and the mother is Mercy Wellman age 41 -- but neither appear in the 1860 census and the children are scattered. I can't find Clark at all and he would have only been 13 at the time. BTW, you can find them in the 1850 census in Ohio, Morrow county congress township. The entries are on two adjoining pages. I was stuck on Samuel's marriage and kids so your post helps.

I really want to find out the eldest sister Mary's marriage as the letters we have from the Civil War from James B Bowen and his commanding officer that discuss his being a POW in Andersonville and his death etc. were all sent to Mary and not to the father or mother -- strange don't you think if the parents were still around? And that is only 4 and 5 years after the census. Also, the eldest brother is named by James B Bowen to collect his benefits in teh event of his death in the war papers we have. so I think the parents died quite yound and poor Mary at the age of 18 was holding the family farm together.

Anyyone else write me if you can contribute... or want info.
tamraburgwardt@yahoo.com

Posted: 19 Jun 2008 4:05AM GMT
Surnames: Bowen Stiles
I have your GGGrandfather in my tree -- he is the older brother of my ancestor Clark -- 4 of William and Clarks brothers died in the Civil war including one in Andersonville. I have the original Civil War letters from him talking about his fighting on Sherman's March to the sea in the Ohio 43rd regiment. Their older sister also lost her husband. I'm trying to track down what happened to thier parents who apparently bopth died int he 1850's. their parents are William and Mercy Bowen of Congress township, morrow County Ohio if you want to look the family up in the census.
their grandfather fought in the american Revolution -- Danforth Bowen and their other grandfather also gfought -- Job Stiles. william Bowen fought int he War of 1812.
Write me at tamraburgwardt@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions