Search for content in message boards

Isaac Lane

Posted: 7 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jan 2002 8:23PM GMT
Surnames: Lane
Searching for father of Isaac Lane born abt 1760 who married Sarah Russell in 1782. He was at the Battle of Kings Mt., NC. & is the father of Mary (Polly) Lane born 1789 who married Elijah Hurst in 1808.
He is on the Grainger Co., TN census in 1799, Claiborne Co., Tn census 1803, & McMinn Co., Tn census in 1840.
I see where John Fuller Lane had a son Isaac. Could this be him???

ISAAC LANE

BILLY B. LANE (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: LANE
Helen: I am also researching the same LANE family. My gggfather was SAMUEL LANE, b. 1828 in McMinn CO. TN. He married MAXIE WARE on 4/16/1851 and died in NOBLE CO.,OK. ON 7/15/1912. As near as I can tell ISAAC LANE may be a brother to my gggfather. I am having a problem connecting him to JOHN FULLER LANE,but this is the best I can do at the present. As you probably know, there are hundreds of SAMUEL LANES that date back to WILLIAM LANE who was born in ENGLAND in abt. 1469. I would like to hear what info. you have on this family group.
GOOD LUCK!
BILL LANE

Isaac Lane

Janie Lane Bingham (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Helen, I realize that there are a lot of Lanes out there but
some of the names in your search coincide with some of
mine. Isaac Lane b 1764 Lenoir Co. N.C. d 1871 was
my g g g grandfather. He married (1) Sarah Phelps (2)
Polly Davis (3) Mary (polly) Pride. Four children by Pride
were John F. (Franklin), William, Sarah, George. Isaac
was also a teamster in the American Revol. War. Don't
Know if any of this will help... I am "searching"too and
know how any little bit helps. Good luck! Janie

Posted: 14 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT

Thanks, but don't believe that is "my" Isaac Lane. The Isaac Lane I seek was born in 1760, married in 1782 Sarah Russell b. 1760 in VA.& died 1857. Iaac died in 1851 is buried in McMinn Co. Grave is marked by DAR. My Grandmother, Penelope Johnson Allen, wrote a newspaper column early in the 1930s in Chattanooga, TN. called Leaves From the Family Tree. Something was wrong w/ her "Lane"
genealogy. I seek the corrections to this line. She said the Rev. Tidence Lane was Issac's father. This may or may not be true.
If anyone knows where her mistake was, I would appreciate that information.

Isaac Lane and Mary Pride

Posted: 18 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 4:51PM GMT
Surnames: LANE, PRIDE
Janie,

I have a Isaac Lane who md. a Mary Pride, however are dates differ. Here is what I have:

Isaac Lane b. 12 Feb 1787 in Wake Co., NC, md. 11 Jan 1810 to Mary Pride. Isaac was the son of Joseph Lane and Pherebee Hunter. He died 19 Jan 1862 Franklin Co., AL. They had the following children:

Wiley Pope Lane
Sarah Pride Lane
Isaac Hunter Lane
Mary Lane
Joseph Lane
Edward Pride Lane

Isaac LANE

Posted: 25 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2002 11:01PM GMT
There is a conflict on this one since both Rev. Tidence LANE and John Fuller LANE are shown (I think in Larry James's book) to have Isaacs with the same bd. I think he puts Sarah RUSSELL as the wife of Isaac, son of John Fuller LANE and Elizabeth CLOUD. Are there wills for both of the brothers?
Posted: 26 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT

I don't know of any wills, but have my Grandmother's DAR lineage which shows the Rev. Tidence Lane as Isaac's father. All of hergenealogy articles were published by Southern Historical Press in 1982 in a book called Leaves From the Family Tree. In the preface to this book, it states that the Lane Genealogy was left out due to discrepancies. I'm searching for those discrepancies.

Isaac Lane,s

Posted: 12 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:19AM GMT
Glad to meet you Janie Lane Bingham. I hace a copy of your grandmother's May 13, 20 and 27 1934 Leaves from the Family Tree. Did she write more on the Lane family?. She is the only person that I have found the list a Isaac as son of Rev. Tidence Lane.

The Isaac Lane born Feb 14, 1760 was the son of John Fuller Lane and nephew of Rev. Tidence Lane.

I am a descendant of Rev. Tidence Lane by his son Tidence Lane Jr -his son Noah Lane-- and Noah daughter Mary Elizabeth (Lane) McClain. Noah and Mary are buried in the Kingsoton cemetery, Kingston, IL. I also have a copy of Tidence Lane Jr. application for his pension from the American Rev. War.

I have a friend in Aberdeen Wa. that is a descendant from Isaac Lane and Sarah Russell.

Charles R. McClain

Would like to see the information on Rev. Tidence Lane's son Isaac. I do not have anything on him.

Charles R. McClain

Samuel Lane

This Samuel would not be a brother to this Isaac Lane. John Fuller son Isaac was born on Feb 14, 1760 Isaac's children were born between early 1780's to early 1800.

1860 Tn McMinn Co. census Lane Samuel age 30 wife Maxey 25-- children, James A. 5--Ruth 6--John 4--May 6/12

Charles R. McClain
per page

Find a board about a specific topic