Search for content in message boards

LAVIEN - MYERS - KOTTCAMP - HAGEMEIR - HINTELMEIR : (Luebeck or Lubeck and Minden, Westphalia Region, Kingdom of Prussia ), York PA

LAVIEN - MYERS - KOTTCAMP - HAGEMEIR - HINTELMEIR : (Luebeck or Lubeck and Minden, Westphalia Region, Kingdom of Prussia ), York PA

LafeanFamily (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 1999 11:28AM GMT
Carl Lavien, AKA Charles Lafean, born near Luebeck or Lubeck, Westphalia Region, Kingdom of Prussia (Germany) on 18 April 1835, to Anthony and Mary Myers Lavien. Carl had at least one brother and two sisters.

Carl Lavien went to Minden, sailed down the Weser to the port of Bremen and then sailed for the United States mid 1854, landing in Baltimore MD on 07 July 1854.

On the boat to the USA, Carl Lavien met the widowed Frederick Kottcamp of Minden, and his daughter Anna Marie Scharlotte Kottcamp who was born near Minden on 10 Feb 1838. Scharlotte's mother had died in her infancy. Frederick Kottcamp is "believed" to have been a farmer near Minden and he had "several" other daughters and "several" sons.

Carl Lavien, AKA Charles Lafean, Frederick Kottcamp and his daughter Anna Marie Scharlotte Kottcamp, AKA Charlotte Kottcamp, all settled near York PA.

Charles Frederick Lafean married Charlotte Kottcamp on 03 Feb 1856 in York PA.

One of Carl Lavien's sisters married a Hagemeir or Hintelmeir in Prussia (Germany), and one of their sons was believed to be living in South Dakota USA during the early 1900's.

We are seeking information relating to ANY ASPECT of the above.

Thank-you

Re: LAVIEN - MYERS - KOTTCAMP - HAGEMEIR - HINTELMEIR : (Luebeck or Lubeck and Minden, Westphalia Region, Kingdom of Prussia ), York PA

Marilynn Ruth (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2003 1:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kottcamp and Lafean
I am looking for info. on both the Lafean and Kottcamp families. My great-great grandfather would have been Frederich Kottcamp (1805-1884) and came from Germany. Charlotte Kottcamp(1838-1915) daughter of Frederich married Charles F. Lafean. I have some info on the Kottcamps but not much. I would like to have info on Fredericks first wife and names of all their children and I believe Frrederick married again and there were children that the 2nd wife had. Not sure. Any infor that you would have I would appreciate on either or both families and I would be glad to share with you what info I have on the Kottcamps. Looking forward to hearing from you. Marilynn Ruth

Re: LAVIEN - MYERS - KOTTCAMP - HAGEMEIR - HINTELMEIR : (Luebeck or Lubeck and Minden, Westphalia Region, Kingdom of Prussia ), York PA

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 9:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Geesey
I'd like to know the basis of the contention that Carl Lavien came from Lübeck, because it doesn't make sense that he would travel inland 120 miles to Minden to begin his waterborne journey, when Lubeck is a seaport in its own right. More sensible is the town name I found on his later US Passport application, in which he stated his birthplace as "County [Kreis]Lübbeke". This is an inland town only ~10 miles from Minden and connected to it by a tributary river. I found several other contemporary instances of his spelling associated closely with Minden and Rahden, which are both very near modern Lübbecke. This makes the Minden-Bremen water connection far more comfortable for me: is this what your post intended? If so, we should be looking in the Minden-Lübbecke district for our other distant family, not to the northeast of Hamburg as I understood.

Other question: where did you get this narrative?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic