Search for content in message boards

Murder in Letcher County

Murder in Letcher County

Posted: 25 Oct 2008 4:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to find information about the reported murder of my GG Grandfather in 1866. He was called Dock East Hale but I believe his name was Marion Hale b 1847. He was married to Virginia Cook b 1847, who was pregnant at the time with my G Grandfather, Francis Marion Hale b 13MAR1867. Virginia later married James Wesley Roark. Can anyone give me any information and sources? Thanks, Kathy Allen

Re: Murder in Letcher County

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 5:57AM GMT
Kathy, your Query looked exactly like mine Reading it I was sure it was the post I made about the same time. One might say we must be cousins, I am the Grand daughter of Virginia Hale daughter of Francis Marion Hale and Mary Kathrine Crase. My mother was Genny and Benjamin Whitt's middle child of the 11 living children, Ida Mae Whitt she Married my dad May 10, 1941, I am the 3rd child of Ralph J. Woods and Ida Mae Whitt Woods. I am Margaret Louis Woods Albright. I have wondered what caused some one to shoot and kill Marion Hale, I read some where that it was in his fathers field, there was no explanation. Have you recieved any information since you posted this in 2008. marg222@yahoo.com.

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 3:34PM GMT
No information at all. We need to keep in touch, this is one of my brick walls. I am the grandaughter oh Julia, my dad was Ellis Marion Cantrell. We are related, how cool!!!!!

Posted: 29 Jun 2013 7:59PM GMT
Hello Cousin !
Virginia Cook was sister to my Gr. Grandfather Samuel Miles Cook. Would appreciate any info you can share about Dock East Hale. I have zilch :( BTW - check out my Yahoogroups site ANDERSONCOOKFAMILY - you have a lot of cousins there doing research !
Marlene

Posted: 30 Jun 2013 4:42PM GMT
Surnames: Dock East Hale
Marlene, I went down this road for years. The problem is his name was not Dock East Hale, Probably a nick name because that is the name I had too. My Aunt did a lot of research trying to find him under that name and one day setting in the Genealogy Library in Salt Lake City she found the connection, His name was Marion Hale I will have to look into my stuff to give you more information but it makes since because my Great Grandfather was Francis Marion Hale. He was born after his father was killed. Keep in touch and I will get you that information. marg222@yahoo.com

Posted: 12 Jul 2013 4:35AM GMT
Margaret, I would appreciate any information your Aunt found on Marion, he is my most frustrating ancestor. I have seen him in some trees as James M. I don't know where these people are getting this info and nobody seems to have any proof. I am going to have to make a trip to Letcher County since I live in KY. You can send me info at hummerhill2@gmail.com. Thanks, Kathy (Cantrell) Allen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions