Search for content in message boards

Share interactivly with others

Share interactivly with others

Posted: 27 Feb 2011 7:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am new to this activity. I want to do research and share with my family. I started on ancestry.com because I was able to share. I then bought FTM and now I am having to keep both systems uploaded.
How is the best way and place to share info with my family?
I would like to join other trees and have them work off of mime, who is this possible?

thanks fo the help.

Pat

Re: Share interactivly with others

Posted: 27 Feb 2011 8:19PM GMT
Pat,

It really depends on exactly what you mean by "interactively".

Can you or someone else enter something on your online tree and it automatically update FTM- the answer is a resounding NO.

There is no syncing between the member trees and FTM whatsoever.

You have to make a choice between:

1) Do your work on your online tree and occasionall download that tree into FTM (which will create an entirely new file on your computer).

2) Do your work in FTM and occasionally upload that file to Ancestry Member Trees (which will create an entirely new tree).

See the Family Tree Maker and Member Trees message boards for LOTS of discussions on this topic.

Re: Share interactivly with others

Posted: 10 Apr 2011 2:57PM GMT
I think "TNG" THe Next Generation for genealogy does what you are looking for.

CONNORS in Ireland

Posted: 21 Jun 2011 8:19PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jun 2011 8:54PM GMT
Surnames: Connors
Hi Pat,
My name is Gerard Connors. I am the head of the Connors' family in Ireland, so to speak. My grandfather was Michael Connors, he was a brother to Jenny.

I have quite a bit of detail now on my tree. I would love to add more information from your side of the family.

I look forward to working with you.

Gerard.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic