Search for content in message boards

Claude Russell, Arkansas

Claude Russell, Arkansas

Posted: 11 Nov 2000 2:54AM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2006 12:05PM GMT
Claude b. abt 1890, oldest son of Elijah Sam Mary Jane (White) Russell. Brothers sisters were Minnie Lee, Cora, Freddie Brian, Iva Delia, Stennie, Bonnie Edrie. Claude's wife was Annie they had Sylvia sons Merle, Tommy two more that I havent' found yet. I believe they still live in Arkansas but ? Can any one fill in some gaps here?

More on Claude Russell

Posted: 12 Nov 2000 8:05AM GMT
Found another son's name. It is Ferrell. I believe ther is still one more son to be found.

Russell family of Arkansas and New Mexico

Sidney Harrison (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2000 4:57PM GMT
Saw your messag on the board and caught my eye. We may not have much in the line but thought I'd see what this brings. My Great GreatGrandpa was David Russell born 1815 in
Hawkins Co Tenn. ist Wife was a Barbary E.
(No last name known)2nd wife was named Mary
(No other info)I have all the childrens names from both mariages and dates and places of birth.Most were in Ark and Tenn.
He was killed in the battle of Helena Ark 4 July 1863. I have his Civil War records.
His daughter Mary Jane Russell married Edward A. Roach. These are my Great Grandparents.The Russell side of my family
is so scattered they are hard to find, but do have some that are still living but haven't made contact with them yet.The names
you gave don't match up with what I have but
then I don't have much on the recent generations other that names and birth dates.
Be interested to know what you have and would be glad to share any info I have if we match up. there are 12 children involved with the Russell name. I know of only two that made it to New Mexico but had other married names Roach and Killian. Regards Sidney Harrison

Arkansas New Mexico Russells

Posted: 30 Nov 2000 2:13AM GMT
Hello Sidney,
About the only match we have is the year 1815
My great grandpa was Elijah Samuel Russell Sr. Born around 1815 we believe in Ark. died between 1861 and 1865. Married Mary Buttrum b. ? died 1917. E.S. Russell was in the confederate army and died before seeing his new son Elijah Samuel Russell Jr. b. 9-18-1861 Polk County Ark d. 3-3-1939 buried Hamlin Tx.(my grandpa) married Mary Jane White b.9-26-1869 d. 1-19-29 buried Hamlin Tx. They had Minnie Lee, Cora Evelyn, Claude, Edith, Freddie Brian, Iva Delia (my mother) Stennie B, Truman D, Bonnie Wendel, and Edrie Olita. All from Minnie thru Freddie were born Ark, my mother in Pilot Point Tx and the rest in NM. Keep on trucking Sidney. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply

Posted: 30 Nov 2000 3:20PM GMT
Sure dosen't sound like we much to link anything together. I live in New Mexico, so
if you need help with something to find your folks I'd be glad to help if I can. might
run across something while I'm looking up my
Russells. Nice talking to you!!! Good luck
Sidney

New Mexico Russells

Posted: 1 Dec 2000 12:45AM GMT
Thanks Sidney, your last message deserves a big thank you for your offer of help. What part of NM do you live? I was born in Gran Quivera, located near the souther border of Torrance Co Soccoro Co NM. The Stewarts:
F. Lawrence H, M. Iva D, BR. Leo N, BR. Troy W, BR. Lyndell W, S. Annie L, Grandpa John Wesley. My oldest bro "Leo" and sis "Annie" and I are the still around. On my mother's side are the Russells. They homesteaded land in Gran Quivera around 1916. There were several childred but all but the last four were old enough to start their own families by 1916. Elijah Samuel b. Polk Co Ar 1861 Mary Jane(White) b. Tn 1840 had Minnie, Cora, Claud, Edith Fred B, IVA (my mother) Truman d, Bonnie W, Edrie Olita. I have most of the b. d. dates but not all. If you will e-mail me with any help I would thank you! Freddie B. Stewart freorden@aol.com in Massachusetts.

David Russell-Barbary/ New Mexico Kin

Posted: 4 Mar 2001 3:57PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jun 2005 7:42PM GMT
I am a distant cousin living in New Mexico. David Russell is my great great grandfather. His daughter Mary Jane is my great grandmother. Mary Jane married Hugh Lawson Killian and my grandmother, Susanna was my mothers mother.
I hope you get this and we can exchange information. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely, Ruth Darnell

David Russell and Family

Posted: 4 Mar 2001 4:39PM GMT
Ruth,I have quite a bit of information on
the Hugh Lawson Killian line. Mary Jane also
is my great Great Grandmother. Hugh Killian
was her second marriage after David Russell was killed in Ark during the Civil War. They had 8 Children. Susanne was the 3rd child
and the first daughter of this second marriage.Although the inf I have is pretty basic, It would be great to talk to you and maybe gather more info and share what I have with you. I live in Alb. NM Please E-mail
me!!!! SHarrisonH@aol.com

Mary Jane Russell

Posted: 4 Mar 2001 5:19PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jun 2005 7:42PM GMT
Thanks for answering my message on your message board. Please check your email as I am sending you a message now. Thanks a bunch. Ruth

David Russell

Posted: 16 May 2001 12:05AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 2:44AM GMT
Sydney I was just looking thru this message board and to my suprise I saw the names David Russell with wifes Mary and Barbery. My King David Crockett Russell 1st wife is Mary Roberts and they had 10 children
1 King David b. 1835 TN
2 James Johnson b.1837 TN my line
3 Bennett b. 1839TN
4 Rachiel b. 1841 TN
5 Sarra Ann b. 1843TN
6 John Jackson b.1844TN
7 Stephen Taylor b.1847 TN
8 Margert/Martha b.1848/49 TN
9 Abner b.1852 TN
10 Edward b.1953 AR

2nd wife Barbery b.ABT 1834
1 Mary b.1855 AR
2 Winny b.1857 AR
3 Cypert b.1859 AR

I hope that these names and dates match yours because I have lost David after the 1860 census in AR. You may E-Mail me at walkingwater22@msn.com Let me know what you have Louise
per page

Find a board about a specific topic