Search for content in message boards

my Sheridan family

my Sheridan family

Posted: 14 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jul 2001 1:48AM GMT
Surnames: Clerkin, Reilly, Pickens, Cartwright, Sheridan
Loking for info(still) on my GreatGranddad, Patrick Sheridan, born about 1841 in Cavan. Patrick was married to Anne Clerkin and had ten children, all born in Cavan.
Have no info on Patrick at all-not sure where else to look.
Any insights appreciated.
Posted: 31 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 6:19AM GMT
Surnames: Mooney, Sweeney, Lynch, sheridan, Hanratty, Tormey
I have a gtaunt Anne Mooney who married Owen Sheridan in St.Mary's Church Virginia, Co.Cavan. Sheridan is the most common surname in Co.Cavan

Sheridan

Sam (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sheridan, Finnegan
I am also seeking Sheridans in County Cavan. I am looking fo r John Sheridan who married Ann Finnegan of County Cavan. I so not know if they married there or in New Jersey some time around the late 1850's. John born about 1832; Ann about 1840. They ended up in Cambria County PA.

Cartwright Family Cavan

Posted: 9 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2002 11:04AM GMT
Surnames: Cartwright
Hello Fran,
I noted your listing of the name "Cartwright" under my Sheridan Family. I am trying to gather any information on Cartwrights from Cavan in an attempt to trace the parents or siblings of my G/Grandfather "Robert Cartwright". Robert arrived in South Australia aboard the "Hydrabad" in 1878, his age given as 18 which puts his d.o.b. as 1860 although other sources say 1863. Also aboard were Ann and Jane Cartwright aged 19 and 20 yrs (sisters or cousins?) who appeared to be travelling with him. Any information on any Cartwright would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Dianne Vieceli

Sheridan, Tighe, Manning, McCabe

Posted: 15 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 5:26AM GMT
Surnames: Sheridan, Cloonan, Tighe, Manning, McCabe
My grandparent is John Sheridan born in County Cavan, Ireland. John had a son named John Sylvester Sheridan born 1868 Brklyn, New York. This might be a connect with my g-g-grandparents.
Other places with family connection to this line were Tighes born in Ho-Ho-Kus, N.J., Brklyn, and Long Island, NY
Other last names related are Manning, Cloonan and McCabe.
Popular lst names are Mary, Helen, John, Leo, Catherine etc.
I would enjoy hearing from you if this is a connection.
Thank you, Stacy
e-mail address www.cooperss@msn.com" target="_blank">www.cooperss@msn.com
mailing address is P/O Box 114, Kent, WA 98035-0114

Re: Cartwright Family Cavan

Posted: 18 Apr 2002 8:05AM GMT
I AM A DECENDENT OF THE CARTWRIGHTS OF COUNY CAVAN. wILLIAM cARTWRIGHT BORN EITHER 1799 OR 1804, I DO HAVE SOME INFORMATION IF WANT TO EMAIL ME DIRECT.
DENISE LEADER

Re: my Sheridan family

Posted: 11 Sep 2002 2:15AM GMT
I am searching for info on Bernard Sheridan b 1826 County Cavan. Immigrated to US before 1856 when he married Mary Abraham b 1830 County Limerick. Settled in and around the Boston MA area. Don't know if you have been able to find out more info since your postin that might help me. Please reply. Thanks Paula

Posted: 25 Sep 2003 3:03PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jun 2006 7:37AM GMT
hi,

this may be no connection but I am descended from William Cartwright of Fermanagh. His daughter and my g g grandmother Eliza Cartwright came with her brother John to New Zealand in 1866 on the Blue Jacket. Two siblings went to Australia, Richard born 1847 and Margaret 1850.

Stuart Vogel

Posted: 4 Nov 2004 3:24PM GMT
Surnames: Cartwright
Stuart, I am interested in your Cartwright line. This sounds like a match to the Cartwright's that I am searching. Please e-mail me so we can exchange information.
DavaleeC@aol.com
Thank you
Davalee Cartwright
wife of George Allen Cartwright

Re: Sheridan, Tighe, Manning, McCabe

Posted: 15 Nov 2004 8:15PM GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if you were of any relation to the Manning's in Co. Clare Ireland?

I am trying to locate the remaining pieces of my family.

Thanks,
Eileen Manning
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions